SIGforum
Airbnb or VRBO?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/2170089334

December 01, 2017, 03:00 PM
6guns
Airbnb or VRBO?
Do any of you rent your houses/condos? I wonder which of these is better to work with and which provide a higher quality guest? Pros and cons of each? Thanks.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
December 01, 2017, 03:16 PM
arfmel
I know a couple of people who use Airb&b and they seem happy with it. Never heard of the other outfit you mention.
December 01, 2017, 03:21 PM
Stlhead
VRBO
December 01, 2017, 03:29 PM
tatortodd
VRBO was founded in '95, and Air BnB was founded in '08.

I've rented thru VRBO in Hawaii, and was pleased. At the time, VRBO had a lot more properties in Hawaii than Air BnB.

Here is a good article more in line with what the OP is looking for.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
December 01, 2017, 03:31 PM
jimmy123x
I manage 1 vacation rental house for an owner. It seems that VRBO screens their tenants better than Airbnb. However, there is no reason one cannot rent it on both sites, providing you are proactive on blocking out the dates immediately on the other site after someone rents the house on 1 site.

Also, we rent no less than 1 week at a time. I know of another house that rents nightly for $1000 a night (5bed/5bath) and it's always rented by party types for 2 nights on the weekend. I've seen a dozen sorority girls rent it one weekend. Another time, by 15 college guys for the weekend.

Make sure you comply with the local City requirements and also here we have to pay the local hotel tax on the rentals.
December 01, 2017, 03:38 PM
florida boy
We have used VRBO many times to rent houses in the Keys.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry
December 01, 2017, 03:41 PM
6guns
Thanks for the comments, fellas!

tatortodd, thanks for the link! I just gave it a quick scan, but will read it more thoroughly later.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
December 01, 2017, 04:11 PM
Kevmo
We rent a place in Huntington Beach annually through VBRO and they are a very easy to work with, everything is electronic but happens exactly how it should and deposits are returned quickly after check out.
December 01, 2017, 04:12 PM
loungestx
I have rented my places with both. I have had much better results with Airbnb. It seems that VRBO is stronger for longer rentals in heavily vacationed areas but I would say that Airbnb has taken a big bite of that as well.
December 02, 2017, 07:26 AM
BigWhup
I have a house rented in Texas through VRBO for Christmas. The initial transaction was painless and I pay the final balance the day before my rental starts.
December 02, 2017, 07:28 AM
TXJIM
I have used both several times. As a renter, there is no real difference in the experience and often we see homes cross posted on both sites. I can't comment on the property owner experience with either.

December 02, 2017, 07:47 AM
TAllen01
I have rented from both as well, and found no difference. Like others note above, I tend to use VRBO for longer-term stays, and Airbnb for one or two night stays, but nothing says you have to.