SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is privacy worth fighting for?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is privacy worth fighting for? Login/Join 
posted
Since someone here recommended Kevin Mitnick's book the art of invisibility I have taken a lot more interest in my privacy.

While I am not fluent in this topic, it is one that I do think needs a round of serious consideration.

Is this the answer? I am not sure.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I backed it. Interested to know how the app will work. I know the problem I am having with Signal is I can't get any of my family to use it.

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Down the Rabbit Hole
Picture of Jupiter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the video.

Our privacy IS worth fighting for.

Sadly...we cannot trust any of these Companies. This includes companies that produce TVs, Microwaves and anything IOT. It is the WILD WILD WEST for these folks and knowing everything we do is the goal.

I posted this in another thread but I believe it's worth posting again.

Hidden Radios in Home Devices (IOT)! The next Cyberthreat

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Posts: 4832 | Location: North Mississippi | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jupiter:
Thanks for posting the video.

Our privacy IS worth fighting for.

Sadly...we cannot trust any of these Companies. This includes companies that produce TVs, Microwaves and anything IOT. It is the WILD WILD WEST for these folks and knowing everything we do is the goal.

I posted this in another thread but I believe it's worth posting again.

Hidden Radios in Home Devices (IOT)! The next Cyberthreat

He is another one that does a great job breaking these 'in the air security' issues down for the lay man to understand.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With all of the strides in technology, there will be very little privacy moving forward. The government will get what it wants when it wants it. That’s from either side of the political aisle. No difference. Excuse me while I shine my tinfoil hat.

The movie “Enemy of the State” was way ahead of its time when introduced in 1998.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it worth fighting for? Absolutely! The problem is I'm in the minority.

Not to be debbie downer but I believe it's already game, set, match.

The vast majority of people don't care. The younger generations who were raised on this stuff care even less. For them it's "normal." Tik Tok is proof that even though the source code undoubtedly mines their phone for data, kids don't care as long as they get to dance like monkeys for likes.

Wars are won with information. When the Googles, Amazons and Apples of the world have access to everything people think and say around their smart phones/devices they can plan 3 steps ahead.

Fight Club needs to happen and instead of blowing up credit card companies, fill in the blank.

Posts: 797 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post