SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man kills huge rattlesnake
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man kills huge rattlesnake Login/Join 
posted
A little local entertainment here. He needs to go to the range more frequently.
http://www.msnewsnow.com/clip/...lls-huge-rattlesnake

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Looks like a very typical timber rattler to me. Nothing especially big about it.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
It must've just eaten, to not wake up through all that.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loved those Texas
one room schools
posted Hide Post
Its amazing how that adrenaline can start pumping so fast when you realize your foot is about to come down on a rattlesnake. One summer when I was a teenager working on a ranch my buddies car broke down on the way to the ranch. We decided to hike the rest of the way to the ranch. We had gone a short distance and as my foot was going down on the other side of a clump of grass I realized I was about to step on a sleeping rattle snake. I was able to jump over the snake instead of stepping on it. I shot the snake in the head as he started to move. We then hiked the rest of the way to the ranch and went to work. My buddies Dad drove out, repaired the car, and then picked us up after work and drove us back to the car. This wasn't a huge rattlesnake, just a hugely scary one.

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Posts: 1862 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They get big like that when you stand 4' behind them. Wink

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Don't make fun of the guy, that's a damn big snake. It was well fed and pretty old I'll bet.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20388 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The news anchor is funny. That poisonous beast,lol.

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It took a few rounds to kill it. Why would they waste a round shooting its rattler off ?

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
It took a few rounds to kill it. Why would they waste a round shooting its rattler off ?

I think it was because he was a bad shot...that rattle would have been great to save.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9088 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Voldemort needs a new horcrux.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post