SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Port Angeles, WA Mayor wants to remove representations of soldiers with guns
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Port Angeles, WA Mayor wants to remove representations of soldiers with guns Login/Join 
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
I'm surprised she even got elected. Port Angeles is a town about an hour away from where I grew up, been there many times. It's primarily a logging community with some great salmon fishing.

My wife was born and raised in Port Angeles and we've spent a lot of time there with her family. Actually it's a fairly liberal town with a strong union presence. Conversely, most people own guns, hunt and fish and are generally outdoorsy but the politics do lean left as a whole.

And yes, the salmon fishing is awesome. Most times we went I hauled the boat there and fished while the wife visited family members. Perfect for her and me both. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I was wondering if hers was an elected position or one appointed by city council or something. Who would vote for someone like that?

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1876 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
I was wondering if hers was an elected position or one appointed by city council or something. Who would vote for someone like that?

Elected by the city council every two years and they tend to lean left.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately the entire North Coast of the Pacific is like this, from San Francisco all the way up to Port Angeles. Working class port towns, anchored either through fishing or, the logging industry, has been overrun both by regulatory over-reach from their respective state capitols and a flood of liberals overwhelming the town make-up. Policies handed down my enviro allies at the state level decimating the existing industry, drives out what moderates or conservatives business owners and mid-level employees. An influx of leftist minded do-gooder arrive, a vast majority from East of the Mississippi, graduate degrees in-hand, ready to get involved with the community by running for office, campaigning at book readings and 'building community through activism'...in a little rural community. The entire Pacific Northwest resembles this picture.

Posts: 14802 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

My wife was born and raised in Port Angeles and we've spent a lot of time there with her family. Actually it's a fairly liberal town with a strong union presence. Conversely, most people own guns, hunt and fish and are generally outdoorsy but the politics do lean left as a whole.

And yes, the salmon fishing is awesome. Most times we went I hauled the boat there and fished while the wife visited family members. Perfect for her and me both. Big Grin

Jim[/QUOTE]

Sad to hear that the liberals have infected that beautiful community now. It's been well over 20 years since I've been there.

Yeah, I've hauled my boat up there many times as well. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5081 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
politicians without common sense nor patriotism should be removed

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“I’ve had comments from people saying do we have to do guys with guns when guns are killing our children in schools?”

"Guns killing our children in school" - Apparently they neglected to notice that people with guns stopped the people (not the guns) that were killing the kids in schools - these people are whining imbeciles

Posts: 171 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She has a Ph D in landscape architecture - She should stick to having her face inked.

Posts: 2548 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post