SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Grandson qualified for US Karate Nationals.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grandson qualified for US Karate Nationals. Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted
My 7 yr old grandson placed in the mountain states regional uska karate tournament . That qualified him for the uska ( U.S. Karate Alliance) national championship tournament in April.
He was qualified for kata and kumite in the 6-7 year olds intermediate and advance belt division.

My ten yr old grandson didn't make the cut, but he still has a chance to qualify. And he knows there is no participating trophies in taekwondo.

Very proud of both of them, alot of hard work. Both the boys are senior green belts ( 6th gup) in taekwondo with belt testing this weekend.

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Congrats to both boys. A lot of work.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
awesome !

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Congrats to both!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
How exciting for both of them.

Posts: 5697 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Excellent! Congrats to both. Combat sports will pay dividends far beyond competition.

Posts: 10759 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Congrats to your grandsons.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Excellent for both. As a long time martial artist in my younger days it was the best thing I ever did physically and mentally. I instructed for many years and taught many good students. Nothing made me any prouder in seeing how it helped shape their behaviors and grow into some fine young adults. All that remains is my old belts, great memories and lifetime friends. I do still have all my certificates hanging on the walls gathering dust and reminders of some of my best years.

Good on those kids, my congrats. I taught Tae Kwon Do also as well as several other styles, but my ranking in the black belts were Korean Federation.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the boys!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to both of the boys and best wishes going forward.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post