SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Common sense arrises in Seattle - school vaccinations
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Common sense arrises in Seattle - school vaccinations Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwright1951:
Even if they are home schooled they will still potentially be a source To transmit the disease when they go to the mall, the park, out to eat, etc., and some kids will get the disease even with the vaccine.

Yes indeed let's make all un-vaxinated kids wear a yellow star on their shirts so we can all run away. Maybe force them into a holding pens to protect your womens and children..... If your kid is vaccinated why worry?? And if their vax didn't take, trust me they will be exposed no matter where we go in this Our land of UN-documented Aliens. Plus believe it or not there are risk associated with almost every vax with some that are predisposed to be harmed by it or what it is mixed in...Been there done that with my #2 Grandson. So go hide in fear for his younger brother is loose and Not-Vaxed...But all will be well as he currently only infects at a private school for now. But when he grows up, look out guys he will be the only personal carrier out there to harm you and yours.

Ridicules does not even come close to thinking this will fix the problem. We are suffering resurgence of many eradicated diseases for one main reason. It's spelled Demo-Crap votes

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are some real problems with the current vaccination system. Mostly too many, too early, and a number of vaccinations at the same time. A co-worker held off on vaccinating one of her daughters until the last day, and the daughter has been FU ever since. I have seen this with my own eyes, and have no doubt about the problems.

"When I was a kid" I was vaccinated but the shots were spread out and I was older. I suspect that when a triple vaccine is given to a very young person, that their immune system is overwhelmed. In it's weakened state, the child's immune system is not able to fight off other diseases that are floating around.

My co-worker's daughter has missed 90% of school days for the last 7 years. Apparently it is a difficult case of Lyme disease.

For my (future) kids, I plan on delaying vaccinations and spreading them out over a period of years. Also, when I was a kid I developed measles, mumps, chicken pox, etc. That appears to have exercised my immune system. I have been sick only twice in the last 40 years, and was under high stress at those times, so my immune system was weakened due to the stress.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I wonder what would happen in a case where a kid had a medical condition like mine.

After getting slammed with Guillain Barré Syndrome, my doc has put me on the "no fly" list with respect to most vaccinations.

From what I read in another article true medical reasons will be allowed to continue school without vaccines.

The problem is way too many people are using other excuses.

quote:
Immunization Exemptions
Washington State Law allows exemptions to the immunization requirements for religious, medical, or personal reasons. These are recorded on a Certificate of Exemption (COE).

https://www.seattleschools.org...rvices/immunizations

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16402 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
From Pierce V. Massachusetts:

“ Parents may be free to become martyrs themselves. But it does not follow they are free, in identical circumstances, to make martyrs of their children before they have reached the age of full and legal discretion when they can make that choice for themselves. ”

There are a number of young people that go behind their parents to get vaccinations. I’m of the opinion that many of the anti-vaxers have been vaccinated.

Washington State’s law states that 30 days after school starts (September 2019) all students are to be vaccinated or they couldn’t attend school. Seattle exploited a loophole to delay enforcement. However, January 8 is the deadline.

Seattle school district has 53,627 students, of this around 2,000 are not in compliance. The three shot clinics being run in the city, have reportedly see quite a few. No doubt on the 8th the media will show sobbing parents comparing.

Keep in mind chlorinate water, pasteurized milk, along with food inspection and drug safety are also mandated.

How many here have had measles, mumps, rubella and chickenpox? That means most of us were born before say 1965? Last, how many would wish these “childhood diseases” on their children and grandchildren?

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anti-vaxxers is one of those ultimate first world problems.

People are only getting away with it because 95% of the 'herd' has been vaccinated.

There should be legitimate medical exemptions because this is a luxury herd immunity allows for.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Many an argument I have had with sane, rational people over vaccinations. My mom contracted the Polio virus, a few months before the Salk vaccination came out. When I was 22 years old, my mom had surgery to correct some of the debilitating effects from this childhood disease. She died from those surgeries.

I am all for vaccinations. We used to live in a world where most of these diseases were ERADICATED. Now because of a movement started by someone with less than zero medical knowledge, who couldn’t accept she had an autistic child, we get the state of affairs we have now. A society that thinks it’s good to not vaccinate.
I am sure that in the history of the last 50 years of vaccinations, that some people have died from the vaccinations. I’ll also be willing to bet, I’d bet my life, that fewer people have died from vaccinations, than had the world never seen the vaccination.
It may be a humorous video, but it’s damn accurate. This pretty much sums up exactly how I feel about this subject.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Okay, so vaccinations save innumerable lives, and for that reason alone I might be willing to turn the medical science and preventative care calendar back a couple of hundred years if it were up to me.

But even if they do keep countless more people alive than whom they harm in some way, what about my freedom of choice? Just as a woman ought to have freedom of choice about what happens to her body if she gets pregnant, shouldn’t that also apply to the rest of us?

Societies, including those among the “lower” animals, have regulated and restricted the conduct of their members for as long as there have been societies. In fact, that’s one of the things that make it possible for societies to even exist. And in human societies, what is one of the first things that we know was regulated? Yup, community, or public health.

It’s hard to know exactly what public health measures have been imposed on all members of various societies, but we know of a few, and they were no doubt developed very early in the history of modern humans.

One is quarantine: “You’re sick, keep away from the rest of us.” How many times do we hear complaints to this day about co-workers coming to work when they are sick and exposing the rest of us? “Yeah, I don’t care if you don’t have any sick time left and will have to take vacation or even take time off without pay, STAY HOME!” Quarantines were at times extremely tight with severe penalties for those who broke them.
“But …, but; what about my freedoms?”
“Don’t care; STAY HOME!”

A common public health measure that we find in ancient religious texts and traditions was the establishment of various dietary and other taboos, all of which were intended to prevent harm to the individual or the community. There are even traditions and commandments relating to personal hygiene, such as the rules about washing in the Qur’an.

So what is the one overarching reason why imposition of public health measures on all members of a society is so universal and so vital?
Answer: The unhealth of any of its members can endanger all of the rest in two primary ways. The first is obvious in that many diseases spread readily and quickly. If you have a disease that is potentially deadly to someone else, your failing to prevent its spread (or failing to avoid catching it in the first place) is no different than carelessly firing a gun toward a group of your fellow society members.

A more subtle reason, though, is how even noncontagious diseases affect the community. Today it doesn’t matter too much if someone develops trichinosis from infected pork or cancer from tobacco use. We no longer care if the larger group must pay to treat, care for, and/or support the people who inflict disease on themselves by ignoring taboos or health warnings. That was not always true, however.

In ancient Palestine, Arabia, or Africa if a member of the small, living-on-the-edge group ate something that he had been warned not to, the consequences could have been very severe for not only him, but for the rest of the group. That was true even if it meant only the loss of part of the group’s ability to perform communal tasks, to include self-defense. If a parent made him/herself sick by failing to follow the group’s rules and guidance, the consequences for an individual family were even worse.

People have had totally valid reasons for imposing group will regarding public health on other people for as long as there have been people, and they always will.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigfreund,

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post