SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got an amazon fire tv cube. One question...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got an amazon fire tv cube. One question... Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
What the heck is it and what does it do? I have directv. Does it do more or the same for cheaper?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Basically, it's an Amazon Echo w/Alexa and a Amazon Fire TV/Firestick combined in one.

If you don't use Alexa, the Cube is probably not going to do alot for you and you might be better off with an Amazon Fire TV; I have a bunch of my movies stored on a computer and use an App called Kodi on my Fire TV to play them on my TVs and also watch Amazon Prime.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
What the heck is it and what does it do?

Helps build a marketing profile for you. That way they can try to sell you crap you are more likely to use. Plus Skynet, plus ever listening microphone in your house.

Enjoy!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Stil not sure what it can do. I understand Alexa.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
It’s a media streamer. You can use it to play Netflix or amazon prime on your actual tv. Also there are apps to play espn and other regular networks on your tv.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Ever heard of an Apple TV or Roku box? It’s amazons version. Let’s you watch all kinds of content, movies, etc over the internet ON your TV.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post