SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Utterly ridiculous Massachusetts Police began investigation into spent shell casing..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Utterly ridiculous Massachusetts Police began investigation into spent shell casing.. Login/Join 
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
This made the news??? Why? Unreal.

Posts: 4021 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Stories like this remind me of the irony that Lexington and Concord was fought because the government was attempting to seize guns.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
quote:
Not in Massachusetts, possession of a spent shell casing without a firearms license is a criminal offense

point me to the statue on that one. I once lived there and had an LTC, but when I moved they wouldn't give me an out of state one. SO I dreaded every time I went to my property there that I had a loose round of ammo or shell casing in my truck and spent hours searching. But in looking at the statue I couldn't find anything. Maybe it changed?

https://malegislature.gov/Laws...Chapter269/Section10

The relevant parts are:

1. Whoever owns, possesses or transfers ... ammunition without complying with the provisions of section 129C of chapter 140 shall be punished by imprisonment in a jail or house of correction for not more than 2 years or by a fine of not more than $500.

2. Section 129C: No person, other than a licensed dealer or one who has been issued a license to carry a pistol or revolver or an exempt person as hereinafter described, shall own or possess ... ammunition unless he has been issued a firearm identification card by the licensing authority pursuant to the provisions of section one hundred and twenty-nine B.

3. For purposes of this section, ''ammunition'' shall mean cartridges or cartridge cases, primers (igniter), bullets or propellant powder designed for use in any firearm, rifle or shotgun.

(All emphasis mine.)

Posts: 996 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a early elementary schooler I brought a pocket full of spent .22 shells to school. Just because they could be used to make a whistle. First assembly we had everyone had one. I got a trip to the principal's Office in short order.Not a rare occurrence!! This was in the early to mid 60's.

Posts: 141 | Location: Ma. | Registered: November 18, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
T'would be a shame if someone were to sprinkle a shit ton of .22 casings all over town, in every building, playground, sidewalks, etc.
The idiots would have to pay massive overtime for all the man hours it would take to investigate such a thing.

Posts: 10850 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
T'would be a shame if someone were to sprinkle a shit ton of .22 casings all over town, in every building, playground, sidewalks, etc.
The idiots would have to pay massive overtime for all the man hours it would take to investigate such a thing.

God no. They'll lock the place down and call in the Feds.

Posts: 1972 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Living near DC this always worried me. Spent casings were absolutely a problem legally. I guarantee I have some 22 cases floating around my car. Those things are as bad as sand spurs.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
More than likely the police are “looking into it”. Its code for nothing more to see here.

Not in Massachusetts, possession of a spent shell casing without a firearms license is a criminal offense.

And in Washington DC.

Posts: 11332 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Not in Massachusetts, possession of a spent shell casing without a firearms license is a criminal offense.

Oh get the hell out of here. Seriously?

'Firearms' and 'license' in the same sentence are not two words that I would ever have imagined reading on an American forum...

Posts: 11332 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I run a service business and a few years ago got hired by my city to do some work at the Jessie Jackson Town Homes... was normal to see a few spent 9mm cases on the ground.

One time drove up and the maintenance guy gave me different directions of how to drive to a certain building... not by the road in but around behind the buildings... I followed his instructions and I know this is hard to believe but when I got to the building at the end of a culdisack I looked and the road in was blocked by several patrol cars with cops with guns behind them.... I chose to end my relationship with the people that managed the place after that.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
More than likely the police are “looking into it”. Its code for nothing more to see here.

That sounds like a joke.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post