SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amy Schneider's Jeopardy! Run Ends With Loss to Queer Librarian
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amy Schneider's Jeopardy! Run Ends With Loss to Queer Librarian Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Personally, had it not been covered, elsewhere, I'd never have known Amy was a transgender.

You can't be serious. You really can't.

Yes, I am. I really am. My wife didn't see it, either. Even after I'd read about it, and told my wife, during the next show the conversation went something like "So she was a guy, eh?" "That's what they say."

Not the prettiest "woman" in the world, but neither of us twigged to it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seriously? Look at that picture. You see a woman? Serious question, do you know that Rachel Levine is trans or do you “just not see it”?

Besides which the other posters are correct. Physical contest or not, she isn’t the highest scoring woman contestant. At all. As a father of 3 daughters I won’t poison their accomplishments by pretending that men pretending to be women can take their spots in society be it scholarships, medals, accolades, etc. It’s just wrong and once woman in positions of power realize their mistake they will take back this occupied territory. History will prove this to be a short lived “revolution”. Or women will be relegated to second class citizens again in many areas that they fought so hard for equality.

Posts: 7524 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
"She" may be female "gender" but "he" is still a male "sex".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Seriously? Look at that picture. You see a woman?
Looks like John McClane in undercover drag...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Looks like John McClane in undercover drag...[/QUOTE]

You win the "best of Forum" for the month.

Posts: 1072 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, no

What's the policy?

I agree that ths stuff is insane, but as a rule, we avoid this kind of thing in this forum.

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There are certain cultural/moral perversions I refuse to engage. Had I been a Jeopardy fan, I would have refused to watch a tranny if I knew that to be the case. Not worth my time. Most of what qualifies as entertainment isn’t worth my time anymore.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29707 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Well, the gay librarian didn't last long--thank God.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Gentlemen, no

What's the policy?

I agree that ths stuff is insane, but as a rule, we avoid this kind of thing in this forum.

Sorry Boss. It is very difficult to leave this alone. Ultimately I don’t know why any of the gender stuff matters when talking about who is the best Cliff Claven in the room. But as you mentioned before the show is dead now.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
That must make the actual real women winners proud.

Good grief

Jeopardy is more a test of how widely-read and widely-traveled one is, coupled with how efficiently they can recall what they've read, seen, and heard. It's not a test of physical prowess. It's mostly not even really a test of intelligence, per se: IBM Watson: The inside story of how the Jeopardy-winning supercomputer was born, and what it wants to do next

I doubt any Real Women™ care, one way or the other.

That high pitched whistling sound going over your head was the point.

If they're going to categorize winners by gender then they should use the right one.

Posts: 815 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
There are four Jeopardy contestants who have won over $1 million, and they are all men.

The show is dead. Para is correct. But this issue is much larger than the show. This insistence that Schneider is a “woman” is merely one example in our terminally ill society of a perversion of the truth of Orwellian proportions.

What is “2 + 2 = 5”, Alex?

Posts: 4453 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

First time I saw her on the show, before a word was spoken I looked at my wife and said, "That's a dude."

Same here. That's why I'm confused why you're referring to a man with "she" and "her."

How anyone can't see that is a man in a woman's dress almost immediately is beyond me.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30410 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

First time I saw her on the show, before a word was spoken I looked at my wife and said, "That's a dude."

Same here. That's why I'm confused why you're referring to a man with "she" and "her."

How anyone can't see that is a man in a woman's dress almost immediately is beyond me.

I can’t answer because I didn’t really think about it as I wrote it.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Why would some dude say he's a woman, and then have a girlfriend? Why bother?

Maybe her/his girlfriend is also a him/her.

Like those above, the first time on air, Mrs Tinyman said it looked like Eddy. No particular Eddy, just someone with different 'stuff' than portrayed.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
Why would some dude say he's a woman, and then have a girlfriend? Why bother?

If you subscribe to the belief that an individual believing or "feeling" they're a sex other than that as which they were born is a form of mental illness: Then you have your answer.

I have a couple virtual acquaintances of which one is a man transitioning to a woman. The other is his... uh... her... whatever lesbian partner.

I don't even begin to try to understand it.

Thing is: I don't have to. How they live their lives affects me not in the least. Btw: Neither of them has any use for the LGBTQXYZ movement. They both feel such activists are doing them more harm than good. They just want to be left alone to live their lives as they see fit.

I'm good with that.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm going to have to eat my own implied words.

Watching Jeopardy these last few weeks, it's become apparent to even me they must be purposely inserting into the game an above-average number of, shall we say, "people with alternative lifestyles."

The last multi-episode winner was almost certainly gay. (Stay-at-home uncle studying to be a nurse? The fricative "tsk" sound he had a habit of making at the beginning of many answers?) The latest "champion" is sporting a purple Mohawk.

These, atop Amy Schneider and the blatantly gay dude that replaced her, all in recent history, cannot possibly be random or coincidental, IMO.

I used to like Jeopardy. I'm rapidly losing interest. It's not at all that I object to such people, but that I object to being not-so-subtly propagandized. And that, to me, is what they're clearly doing.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Are you intimating that Jeopardy is rigged?

Say it aint so, Joe!

It's gotta be. How else could it be that I, who am very smart, never get any of the questions right? Real geniuses prefer Supermarket Sweep.

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 280 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Alex Trebek did to “Jeopardy”, what Guy Lombardo said about “New Year’s Eve”: “When I go, I'll take New Year's Eve with me.” Wink

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2700 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
This is really interesting

Posts: 16 | Registered: November 11, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post