SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    First Oil Change On The Nissan Juke
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Oil Change On The Nissan Juke Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I found the Mercedes Diesels series 123 oil changes the easiest to do. BIG oil filter on top of the motor and drain plug a lowest point of the oil pan.

Automatic Transmission fluid change using the MB kit was a snap also.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
My BRZ has the same filter location as the Forester but I have lifetime free oil changes so, easy as it would be, I let the dealership handle it.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
How do you like the Juke? I was considering one as an AWD commuter for work in an area where we would probably get 4 or 5 decent snows in a season.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Mine is AWD. Tabitha loves it.

The little 1.6 turbo is peppy, the selectable AWD helps with preventing it from breaking loose when punching it from a standstill.

The 1.6 doesn't get full advantage of the turbo under 2500rpm. Once going it picks up power really quickly.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34137 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Huh. Never even thought to price out a jug vs a case. Just figured Costco would do me solid, but I'll check out the Walmart....

Thanks!

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I'd rather know my drain plug is not stripped out by an incompetent grease monkey
So I'll do it myself

Drain plugs. That’s your problem right there.

I put a Fumoto valve on my Cherokee Trailhawk. Between that and the top-mounted cartridge style filter oil changes are mess-free and take about 15 minutes from start to finish.

I even have enough ground clearance that I don’t have to lift it.

Cool

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
The E46 BMWs aren't that bad. I use ramps (with 2x4s out front to ease the slope and clear the front spoiler). Quick drain, easy cartridge filter access up top. Done.
Never have to mess with jacks and stands.

I have a 3" clearance quick lift jack that just gets under the BMW. Makes the job really quick, except for the 3' extension through the front wheel. At least I never have to crawl under it.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!

Posts: 34137 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
My BMW has a vertical canister filter at the front also.

The drain plug is the hard part.

I use a 3 foot extension through the wheel to get to it. Still requires a lift to get a drain pan under it.

My wife's X-1 (2.8L) has no dipstick, though. Does your car have one?

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3459 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Yes, my 325ci has a dipstick.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!