SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I was in the right place at the right time today. I found a GSX-R 750 front end for my SV1000
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I was in the right place at the right time today. I found a GSX-R 750 front end for my SV1000 Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
After a pretty stressful couple of days I had a chance to go for a nice moto ride today out to the country for a few hours. The wether was just perfect.

About mid way through my ride I stopped at a Sheetz to get a drink and clean my visor. A guy walked up to me and said “hey nice SV1000 that’s a 2003 isn’t it?” Turns out he has a blue 2003 SV1000 and lots of parts he is about to sell. The SV1k was already spoken for sadly but I could tell very quickly that he wasn’t bs’ing me and he knew the bike very well. After a little talking he mentioned a GSX-R 750 complete front end assembly he had and was about to sell. The forks will fit my bike with a little work. It looks like I found the upgraded forks I was wanting for my bike at a damn good price! Cool

Today was a pretty cool day!

This thing is so much fun. I am beginning to like my SV more than my Yamaha R1. It’s great to be back on a V-Twin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
It’s hard to beat a v twin for low end grunt. Especially in a fairly small light frame.
I’m posting this from a local diner after getting my Honda NC700 out for a jaunt. Just replaced the front brake pads and need to wear them in a bit. Had to go pick up my cow check at the sale barn anyway.
Any excuse to get out on one of the bikes. Smile

Nice score on the parts.

Posts: 6308 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
v-twins ... Smile

And you removed the half-fairing?
Looks just right as a naked bike.

Excellent day and outcome.

</chris>

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Score! My old SV650 had GSXR forks when I bought it. I've heard it makes quite the difference compared to stock. I do miss that bike. Safe travels!

Todd

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
Always liked the looks of the unfaired SV’s. I had a Suzuki Bandit 1200 that the previous owner had wrecked and damaged the fairing. So I removed it, did the round headlight conversion with a color matched Buell flyscreen. I loved that bike. Dyno’d at 127hp and 85ft/lbs. Similar numbers to my V-Max but a little over a hundred pounds lighter. But the V-Max’s low end grunt is a little more intimidating with the Stage 7 V-Boost kit. And the sound of the V-Max is like a chorus from Heaven.

Stay safe out there, Stick!

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10552 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
A very good day, indeed. Congratulations on the score. Had an '86 GSX-R 750 bought from new and ridden many many miles and tuned to the teeth, but that was before upside down forks.

Had a Bimota SB7 (#13) with the same Suzuki 1000 motor and liked it very much. The other two Bimotas had Ducati motors, so one can surmise that twins are preferred Wink

Absolute favorite naked bike was a '95 900 Monster Smile

It had K&N flat track bars and reverse cone megaphones that were stainless steel copies of original Italian Verlicchi "mufflers" made by a cool little place out west called, Air Cone. This was a few decades ago and think the owners retired... the sound was exquisite.

Went around a lot of corners, at glorious speeds, even riding on several of the Crud Runs in WI, as a member of the Detroit branch of the Slimey* Crud Motorcycle Gang Big Grin

(* the misspelling is intentional and correct)

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post