SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Am I being catfished?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I being catfished? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
The only way to be absolutely positive would be to send me $125.00 in gift card (s) and I will research it and get back to you.

Big Grin

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55139 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Get them on FB liking and commenting on posts I’ve made several years ago with no activity since then, mainly local history topics. The person making a comment starts following me.

I search those following me and if I don’t know them they get unfollowed and blocked.

I’ve gotten a couple text messages like that. First one was a few months ago and I responded “Wrong number”. I then received a “sorry, thank you” back. Then a few minutes later another text how friendly I seem to be, she’s newly in the USA from China, on the west coast and so lonely with no friends and the only person she knows has a phone number close to mine and will you text with me?

BLOCK!

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8350 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Am I being catfished?

Catfish? I love catfish!
You can pan fry it if you don't have a deep fryer.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24554 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I respond with “butt stuff?”

Posts: 4320 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Say yes, you remember her and you need money badly. Ask if she can send you some cash via western Union.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TigerDore,

Posts: 8842 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
So…was she hot?

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6612 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've gotten a couple recently, the "do you remember me" and the "wrong number" as well. Block and delete.

Lately, I've been getting scam emails again-that African money is gonna make a big difference in our lives.

Bob

Bob

Posts: 1670 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Short answer: YES

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8652 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infidel
posted Hide Post

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
- Charlie Brooker

Posts: 656 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post