SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ipad upgrade time what say ye
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ipad upgrade time what say ye Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
All seem to be good deals, haven't decided yet, there are plenty of them left out there, like I was saying, some browsing, text and messages are about it, nothing spectacularly demanding.

I do want to be able to upgrade the ios when necessary.

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
All seem to be good deals, haven't decided yet, there are plenty of them left out there, like I was saying, some browsing, text and messages are about it, nothing spectacularly demanding.

I do want to be able to upgrade the ios when necessary.

Buying a new one for $3xx will give you the longest time to keep upgrading the software and would be fast enough for future use.

Posts: 21417 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Apple refurbs through the Apple store are good to go. I've bought than before and considered their condition to be that of a new one just not the newest model.

I'm not up on the current lineup so I will leave that to others. I have an older iPad but still new enough to get all the updates. It was a refurb model and I have had it for maybe 4-5 years.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
We had to get new iPads ourselves this year...mine cause I was careless and broke mine to the point it was not repairable, and hubby’s was my original one, and it was slowly losing both speed and acting up. A couple times we thought it was a goner, but managed to start it up again.
The new upgraded ones are very fast, and have more features and the graphics are better. We’re happy with them, and the prices are much lower than what I paid for the original ones when they first came out. Have the iPad Air, I think it’s version 5 now. Still getting used to the new features, but we like them.

Posts: 1153 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Picked up a 2018 iPad for $249 just now based upon what I read above and my financial capability. My current one has not been eligible for iOS updates for a year now. For what I use it for the 2018 ought to be fine. As an aside, I've taken advice from this forum quite a few times over the years....always served me well.

Any advice as to how to safely dispose of my old one?

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I bought a fully loaded up 2018 iPad last week ... the one that just came out. 128 GB LTE model, $600 including tax, from Apple.

My 2016 iPad Pro shit out last week right before a business trip so I had to buy an unplanned replacement. I would have normally bought the Pro model but didn’t want to spend $1,000 knowing that the new Pro’s are due out soon and they’re going to be a big upgrade.

This thing is great, though. Maybe I’ll forgo the Pro model, anyway. This is all I really need.

Posts: 5085 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
quote:
Originally posted by nshumway:
Best Buy has them for $50 off. $280 isn't a bad deal.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/a...7703.p?skuId=4907703

This is a deal. I would do this and be done with it. I may pick one up myself.

I'm pretty sure this is the same thing as my 32GB 2017 9.7" iPad. Mine and my wife's have each been doing fine since we bought them at Costco, for $320 ea., nearly a year ago. I just upgraded mine to iOS 11.3. It seems to like it well enough. I'll upgrade my wife's iPad tomorrow.

I use mine for a lot more than just browsing.

$280 is a steal.

This, btw, is the device that finally persuaded me away from Android. I wanted to get away from Android, anyway. We saw these at Costco. Bought one just to give it a spin, so to say. Liked it so much, after just 48 hours, that we bought a second, then a pair of iPhones to replace our Android phones, then an Apple Watch for me, to replace my Android watch.

I never in a million years thought I'd become an iHead, but here I am Razz

It's now listed at $259!!!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Walmart has 5th gen for $249, same one as BB.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Appl...Wi-Fi-Gold/451084042

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1311 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post