SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mc Rib is coming back
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mc Rib is coming back Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I guess the Chinese Communist Party needed to dispose of more bodies....

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Is McRib extruded from a meat slurry?

My theory is that they take all the pig carcasses that gave been butchered and are now devoid of all the normally edible parts, and throw them whole into a giant blender. This is then turned on and everything (including any rats, mice, cats, and undocumented workers that managed to fall in there) get ground into a paste that is then poured into mcrib molds, frozen, and shipped to stores. Chicken nuggets are made the same way...just with chickens.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Looks like my once a week chest meal in December!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mc Rib is coming back

Some one knock over a dumpster?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Bon appétit

https://realfarmacy.com/mcdona...actually-looks-like/

The notorious McRib has been spotted marking the return of McRib season at McDonald’s. The somehow still popular limited-time item features an unsightly ground pork patty (shaped to vaguely resemble a mini rack of ribs) slopped in barbecue sauce and thrown on a bun with a pickle or two and an onion sliver.

Before reading on, keep in mind that a McDonald’s “bun” for instance, is much more than simply flour, water, yeast, oil, sugar, and salt. According to McDonald’s the bun alone contains:

Enriched Bleached Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, [Gentically Modified (GMO)]Corn Meal, [GMO] High Fructose Corn Syrup, Yeast, [GMO] Soybean Oil, Contains 2% or Less: Salt, Barley and Malt Syrup, Wheat Gluten, Leavening (Calcium Sulfate, Ammonium Sulfate), May Contain One or More Dough Conditioners (Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Azodicarbonamide, Mono and Diglycerides, Monocalcium Phosphate,Enzymes, Calcium Peroxide), Calcium Propionate (Preservative).

One thing is for sure, McDonald’s has always had a phenomenal marketing department. The colors in the logo are a convincing combination in and of themselves. Red tends to make people feel passion, trust, and love; while yellow invokes the feelings of joy, feeling alive, and freshness. I know what you’re thinking, “fresh?” At least the preservatives might trick your mind into believing that it’s fresh! Their flawless advertisements placarding the restaurant windows do this feeling justice as well.

Here’s what it looks like in frozen form

If you’re still craving a McRib, let’s take a look at the ingredients according to McDonald’s:
PORK PATTY: Pork, Water, Salt, Dextrose, Preservatives (BHA, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid).
What are these preservatives and why are they in your beloved formed meat product?

-BHA (Butylated Hydroxyanisole) prevents fats from looking and smelling rancid. It’s also commonly found in cereal, chips, and various processed foods made by mega corporations. When this preservative was tested in animals, it was found to cause cancer in the “forestomach.” Those who argue the safety of BHA state that humans have no forestomach, therefore it should be considered safe. However, the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) states that if a substance has been found to cause cancer in three different species, in this case rats, hamsters and mice, then the United States Department of Health and Human Services considers it to be a carcinogen. But as no surprise, the authoritative agency of food and drug-related tyranny (FDA) still allows the use of BHA as an additive.

-Propyl Gallate is similar to BHA and both are commonly found in the same products together. Just as with BHA, the CSPI states that studies on the dangers of propyl gallate are mixed, but there is a chance that it can cause cancer, and should therefore be avoided.

-Citric Acid in a McRib means they’re adding lemon juice to it in order to keep it fresh right? Perhaps in a perfect world, but it’s likely that they’re taking the more profitable road like their corporate brothers and using GMO black mold. Follow this link to learn more.

MCRIB SAUCE: Ingredients: Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Tomato Paste, Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Natural Smoke Flavor (Plant Source), Modified Food Starch, Salt, Sugar, Spices, Soybean Oil, Xanthan Gum, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Chili Pepper, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Caramel Color, Beet Powder

As for the sauce, it doesn’t start out well with HFCS as the main ingredient which is often contaminated with mercury, and surely loaded with GMO corn. The sauce also contains GMO soybean oil. If that’s not enough, the chemical listed as caramel color on processed foods has been identified as a possible carcinogen.

Back to the frozen meat patty picture that’s raising eyebrows and churning stomachs across the web. Judging from the boxes featured in the background, we’re assuming that the “Boeuf Canadien” is from the land up north. Naturally, this has prompted an onslaught of “McRibbed for Pleasure” cracks across the internet, while others are appalled that the guy in the photo didn’t use gloves. Thank goodness for priorities.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks delish. I especially liked the ingredient list. I also eat hot dogs which have interesting ingredients ..

I'll order two McRib's on December 2nd.

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
I tried one for the first time last year largely because of you guys. I’m glad you’re excited.

But I don’t get it.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
All the scary stuff listed in the ingredients are used in most fast food meats, sans the few that still used fresh, never frozen beef.

I’ll still grind down a McRib or two.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I eat at "Mickey D"s only a few times throughout the year. Tried to eat the McRib one time. If you other guys like them, I say have at them!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Awhile back there was a thread about making your own:

Don’t have McRib in your area? Can’t wait til next year... make your own!!
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...780054254#1780054254

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
McRib.

Meat
Inejected
Molding.

I guess this makes them a "cast" meat. Wink

I've never understood why those that don't like them reserve their hatred just for this particular sandwich. It's not like it is the only fast food item with chemicals included in the ingredient list and there is no chemical that is particularly scary in it. Oooooh, GMOs. Roll Eyes

Years ago, on a road trip, the small rural Illinois town we were staying in happened to have 2 McDonalds, both privileged to offer the McRib at the same time. After closing down a local bar we drove to one only to find it had closed, so we drove to the opposite side of town to the 24 hour Mickey Ds (after first calling and verifying they had McRibs), and even waited for a very long train to pass a crossing, just so that the three of us could order a dozen McRibs.

So sign me up for a case of my MIM McRibs!

As far as I'm concerned, the McRib is what the Boy Scouts should be selling when they knock on my door. Smile

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
they are at Sam's club

year round

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:
Originally posted by drill sgt:
So sorry to hear this. This is one of the worst fast food sammiches out there. Will glady donate mine to whoever wants it............ drill sgt.

Email is in my profile. I’ll send you my address. It’ll probably still be edible when it gets here. Smile

Not so fast buckaroo..... I claimed all of drill sgt's McRibs in the other thread, 2 weeks ago.
So take a number and get in line! Wink

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3138 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Now now fellows let us be civil about this. It is not worth argueing about. .................. drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’ll still grind down a McRib or two.

Ima smash 3-4 in one sitting and wash them down with a sixer of Hamm's for good measure.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must've been a bumper crop of pig anuses this year.

We believe arming our fellow Americans – both physically and philosophically – helps them fulfill our Founding Fathers' intent with the Second Amendment: To serve as a check on state power.

Posts: 277 | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now if only they'd let you sit down and eat in the restaurant.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Man, just looking at these pictures and seeing the ingredients makes me hungry for one...or two. I can't wait.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Now this IS a Mc Rib!

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
The McRib is the Deadbeat Dad of the fast food world.

Shows up once a year and we are all supposed to act excited.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10917 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post