SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What's the criteria for a driver update to be suggested?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's the criteria for a driver update to be suggested? Login/Join 
Picture of konata88
posted
I upgraded to W11. After a recent OS patch (I think), I started to have issues with a particular device. The W11 Update report didn't indicate any driver updates recommended - no updates suggested.

I manually searched for driver updates for the device and found one. Installed it and the problem seems to be resolved.

If a driver fix (that seems to have been published last year) was available, why doesn't W11 report it? For any given week, it suggests a handful of driver/FW/SW updates. But why not for this particular device, especially since it seems to have been a known issue for months.

Is there known criteria by which W11 selects which driver updates to suggest? I wonder what other devices could benefit from an update.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12721 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post