SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Spiders! Giant spiders! Giant flying spiders to colonise the east coast this spring!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spiders! Giant spiders! Giant flying spiders to colonise the east coast this spring!! Login/Join 
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
They were everywhere here last summer, I have never walked through so many webs in my life. Eek
Huge webs, some were 20 feet stretching from my house to trees. I killed hundreds at the wife's orders, I was still killing them after the first freeze a couple months ago. These spidees are tough

Posts: 5340 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
The size they are claiming is BS. They're decent size, like a garden spider, but not tarantula size.

I kill every one I can swing a stick at, around my house. They get around my shed and completely block off a 30'x8' opening. The worst part is not seeing one of the webs & walking through them and then you may have the spider crawling around on you.

It gets so bad around here in the summer, that if you go through the woods, you have to swing a stick in front of you, and you may have to clear 100 webs to walk 100 ft., because there's a spider between any given two trees.

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hairy2dawg:
It gets so bad around here in the summer, that if you go through the woods, you have to swing a stick in front of you, and you may have to clear 100 webs to walk 100 ft., because there's a spider between any given two trees.

Seems like it might be a good idea for Musk to re-release his Not-A-Flamethrowers...

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18025 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Ahhh...Tucker with his classic "Dafuq?" look on Big Grin

Posts: 33834 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Whoa - David Lee Roth changed his name to "Billy" and became an exterminator! Cool

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3927 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ great shooting! Not worried about the spiders. I only worry about Black Widows and Brown Recluses.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post