SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shopping for Dodge Durango.....Any Opinions?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shopping for Dodge Durango.....Any Opinions? Login/Join 
Thermonuclear Vulcan
Picture of Zebulon
posted
I like Horsepower but don't need everything available. Short of a TrackHawk, does anyone love/Hate these things? I have a Chrysler 300 with the 5.7 and AWD. I'm really happy with it. Thanks for your opinions......Zebulon

Posts: 2761 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: November 19, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Wife had a 2013 Durango and her biggest complaint was that it felt like it would flip when changing lanes at highway speed.

We bought it new, traded it in 2017 for a Ford Explorer which she likes a lot better. It had around 61K miles on it when we traded it and we had zero mechanical issues.

A few of my co-workers have 2018 and 2019 Durango's as company cars and are very happy with them.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
We just purchased a bunch of these at work. Definitely pretty badass compared to the Explorers we have.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebo
posted Hide Post
I drive a 2018 awd R/T. Specifically searched for a low option car; it has factory tow package and second row captain chairs. It's fun to drive, tows pretty well, and I have no complaints.

Posts: 51 | Location: Lake Havasu, AZ | Registered: April 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just spent 3-4 days with a rental driving from Phoenix to Monument Valley. The rental agent recommended it as it had a V6 and said it would be preferable to a 4 cylinder as we were going over some mountains. It was a pleasure to drive and made the trip very enjoyable. It had plenty of power, drove smoothly and had a solid heavy feel, more so than my daily driver, a Subaru Outback. Don't know how accurate it was but the dash gauge was showing 27 mpg. My brother has a friend who owns a Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge dealership. They were talking about the Durango one day and the fellow said, "People come in here and buy Jeep Grand Cherokees when they should be buying Durangos. It's a better vehicle." The only downside was that stop/start crap, that more and more cars are going to and I hate.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A friend is a SGT on a nearby township PD, said their new K9 cruiser is a durango, and so far it seems _much_ nicer than the Explorer cruisers. Take that data point for what it's worth.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post