SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone listen to LW/MW/SW radio?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone listen to LW/MW/SW radio? Login/Join 
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted
Thinking about picking up a LW/MW/SW receiver. Anyone listen to these broadcasts? Any recommendations on what to listen to?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10948 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I have been an avid SWL and AM/FM DXer in the past. Short wave broadcasting stations have diminished in numbers tremendously with the advent of their being able to "broadcast" on the internet.

My scanners are all pretty ineffective these days given the encryption most all agencies use now.

Oh I still can receive programming on short wave and some basic fire and public service stuff on the scanners, but again it isn't what it once was.

Chasing far flung AM stations is still an enjoyable pursuit. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16250 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
40 meter Sideband just at dusk. CW at lower end, if your into code. Some shortwave at night from Havana and China, plus a few Bible broadcasters.

And, that's about it where I live in Tucson.

Nothing I can hear on LW and MW is pretty crowded. The 50KW powerhouses rule the clear channel frequencies. Spanish station everywhere.

I use a Sony ICF 2002. But, you can get more worldwide MW/SW stations on the Internet.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
comment aimed to -- bald1 ---- nice compact station. Have the same clock that I bought new in 1978/1979. still keeping accurate time and the white rotating bezel working. ..................................... drill sgt.

Posts: 2021 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post