SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Another key fob issue..
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another key fob issue.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
What are the odds that all 3 fobs stopped working at the same time? Must be small as that is whats happened. I see on line many models of Toyota have this issue. Door switches work just fine but all 3 fobs do nothing now. Is there a relay or fuse I should check? I've been switching out one fob every month or so to be sure they all get used. Howz come my magical locker/unlockers wont work?

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Obvious question.... did you try changing the batteries?

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 863 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by El Cid 92:

Obvious question.... did you try changing the batteries?
In all three fobs?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30713 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Same thing happened to both my BMW fobs. Changed batteries in both - no further problems.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
One was original to my Sienna and I had 2 new programmed 2 Winters back. From reading on line, the batteries should last for years. Odds are slim they all go bad at the same time. I will have to read further to see if maybe there is a relay for this.

Posts: 17905 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have a whole bag of animal crackers to eat. I will work on these while trying to diagnose my key fob issue.. Big Grin. For some reason the chickens and penguins are as big as the elephants and rhinos...hmmm

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I hope you are eating the cage free animal crackers. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
I hope you are eating the cage free animal crackers. Smile

He's uncaging them as you read this. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have the owner's manual for the car? Most times you can reprogram them to the car by following the directions in there

Posts: 3667 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Ooop..no chickens as these are Zoo animal crackers.. Big Grin. Anyhow, I saw a video of a Toyota salesman showing how to use the set up menu for lock/ unlock, tones and auto relock if I hit the fob botton by accident. Went through the set up like it was the first time and all 3 fobs are working fine. Who thinks of this stuff?

posted Hide Post
Sometimes they glitch and need to be reprogrammed. Glad you got it figured out and it didn't cost you any money.

Posts: 3667 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed. Thank you.

posted Hide Post
There was a thread about stuff on a car not working, a few years back.

A mechanic for that particular make and model ,
Told
The car owner to:

With the car off,
Turn on the lights and radio,

Turn the ignition on and off three times while
Pressing on the brake
Then
Let off the brake.

And it worked!
Unfortunately, I don't remember what his problem was, or the make and model

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54682 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Well that reminds me.

Do you know why Cannibals don’t eat Clowns?

They taste funny.

Ok I’m outta here before the rotten tomato throwing commences.

Posts: 11860 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Is the car battery up to snuff? My vette's fobs don't work correctly when the battery is low. They (the cars) seem to be notoriously hard on batteries. Not sure why but that's the way it is.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Had a Nissan Murano that had problem with the FOBS. They all had to be reprogramed. New batteries did not help.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
The key fobs of our three-ago Mercedes station wagon used to operate our neighbour's wireless doorbell until I fixed it with a little bit of tin-foil inside the press button unit.

Posts: 11334 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
David, most all Toyota’s use the same controller to unlock the doors. While this is a write up for installing an OEM controller after purchase, it has a lot of info you may find helpful. I hope this helps in finding your issue.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/th...eyless-entry.619447/

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4029 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
The key fobs of our three-ago Mercedes station wagon used to operate our neighbour's wireless doorbell until I fixed it with a little bit of tin-foil inside the press button unit.
That is hilarious right there... Big Grin

The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
tacfoley, my neighbor's Toyota pickup key fob did the same thing to my wireless doorbell. I finally had to change my code to fix it. The worst part was that he had to leave for work every morning at 4 AM so at 4 every morning my doorbell went off.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1867 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post