SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just now turned on the A.C., for the 1st time
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just now turned on the A.C., for the 1st time Login/Join 
posted
This year ,anyway
87 deg. F in the apt.

With 55% humidity
Only 2 m.p.h. breeze.

Guess I am getting soft.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54671 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
We've used ours once so far this year, but today we had to turn the heater back on. Crazy...but typical.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I put my winter clothes away three times this year, and now ready to stow them all again Roll Eyes

Posts: 54671 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I've been using mine off and on for the last month or so. I keep my house at 70°.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I've been using mine off and on for the last month or so. I keep my house at 70°.

flashguy
Same here. I know people who will not turn on their air until after memorial day. I'm not sure what that has to do with the temperature but if it's hot it's hot to me.

Posts: 3929 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Hasn't been warm enough to use AC here, yet.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16527 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My Nest tells me I used 1 hour of a/c and 2 hours of heat in the past week. Weather can’t decide yet.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4234 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
3 weeks here and that's late compared to other years

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Well, it was 100 degrees yesterday....my ac has been running since April...and won’t turn off until October

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11294 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're in Illinois down near St Louis which is probably 250 miles south of you. We've run the AC a little over the last month. If the house gets to 78-79, we take it down to about 76. That also helps with basement humidity and overall comfort. We've also turned on the heat a few mornings when the house dropped to the 60's.

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
People turn off A/C ???

Posts: 4413 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Hell, I turned the heat back on two days ago. We're still getting snow.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30415 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I've been alternating between heat and cool for last few weeks. Think we finally at all cool now. I like to keep house 70° year round and don't typically open windows due to allergies except during the fall.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20833 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
We haven't turned it on, yet. We have hit the 90s a few times but our home stayed cool. This week we're going to have a streak of 100+ days, the air will be on.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3402 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This time of year in southern Az. the humidity is waaaaay down (10-15%)and the heat is up. I run my evap cooler nearly everyday, and it does a great job til the rains come.

Posts: 6627 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Was using mine for the last few weeks.
Compressor shit and fell back in it just this morning. Frown

Posts: 6308 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
The AC has been pegged at 73 degrees at home for a couple months now.

Weather is scheduled to be in the 105-107 degrees this week. Work is going to be miserable. No AC and high humidity inside the building.

Posts: 7423 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Been on for a while around here!

This is 3rd coast Texas after all

HK Ag

Posts: 3505 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
What temp do you turn the heat on?

Posts: 17897 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I run my evap cooler nearly everyday, and

I still remember the 1st time that U walked in to a house with the evap running,

It was heaven,
The truck that I was delivering in did not have air conditioning.