SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you’re over 50 and never smoked …
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you’re over 50 and never smoked … Login/Join 
Picture of lechiffre
posted Hide Post
I am only 48 years old, close enough I guess. I didn't start because of the (monetary)cost. I was wise enough in my teenage years to realize that smoking was a life long commitment. I thought I could either buy a pack of cigarettes everyday, or I could buy a 45 rpm single everyday, for the rest of my life. I was forced,by the record industry, to give up the 7" habit.

Posts: 623 | Registered: May 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
54ys old,

never smoked, inhaled, or ever lit a cigar, cigarette, pipe or even weed,

only smoke things on the grill,,,
never had a desire to start, or even try, and lord knows there was plenty of all available when I was a teen,

parents never smoked, however my uncles did, (most have quit) and my maternal grandfather did (Salems, )

my paternal grandparents did, grandmother Lucky Strike no filters LSMFT.....
grandfather smoked chesterfields, then a pipe, then cigars that he would let burn out and chew,,

I love the smell of cured tobacco, had lots of family that grew in in the 60's and 70's,
Dad used to work near the warehouses that Phillip Morris used to store some Tobacco, and that smell was divine,,

I just never picked it up,

still like the smell of a good cigar or pipe,
always hated the smell of a cigarette, and the taste when kissing a chick that smoked (fortunately I married on that never smoked)

if anyone has any doubts, go to the hospital and sit with someone dying from Lung Cancer, it will likely make you stop

watched my grandmother pass from that, she was close to 80,
still have images of watching her laying in that bed at the hospital gasping like a fish out of water,,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post