SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Got an Apple Watch Series 6. What bands and screen covers do you like?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got an Apple Watch Series 6. What bands and screen covers do you like? Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted
Decided to treat myself to an Apple Watch. I got a generic slip on screen protector for now unless I find something better.

Not a fan of the factory band so far. Looking for input on what you guys and gals use for yours.

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
This is the band I use. It’s the magnetic one from Apple. I see there are knockoffs for a lot cheaper but I use the actual Apple one, though I upgraded to it when I bought the watch so I don’t think I paid $99 for it. I really like it though.

https://www.apple.com/shop/pro...silver-milanese-loop

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
I got mine with the sport loop and love it. Didn’t think I would at first and kept the silicone band from my old watch just in case. I was wrong. It has a Velcro type latch that is super easy to adjust and is really comfortable.

Don’t have a screen cover so no comments there.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5799 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I made it so far,
now I'll go for more
Picture of rbert0005
posted Hide Post
I've been using one of those knock off bands for a couple years now and it works just as it should. No appreciable wear or anything.
I forgot what I paid, but it wasn't much at all.

Bob

I am no expert, but think I am sometimes.

Posts: 4604 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
If you’re interested, I can give you a pretty good deal on a Coach band.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935&m=6190001084

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12407 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I find the stock band perfectly acceptable and I've never bothered with a screen protector.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I like leather bands. I found one on Amazon I liked and haven't looked back. You can also get adaptors with will let you use standard leather bands made for regular watches. Just need to know the right sizes to buy.

I tried screen protectors but gave up. They were either bulky or didn't stay on. Haven't had an issue with not using one.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
The stock band is slick and has popped on me twice, once causing the watch to fall face down on a tile floor and crack the sapphire. Apple fixed under AppleCare+.

I have since switched to a simple NATO strap and works great, comfortable. I use a leather band when I want to dress it up. Both from Amazon, works great.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have been wearing an Apple watch for three of four years, maybe longer.

Never had the need for a screen protector.

Bands? I have a few inexpensive ones that I grabbed from Amazon, but most of the time I just use the one that came with the watch.

My wife, on the other hand, has at least a dozen bands, none of them expensive, that she changes regularly to go with whatever she's wearing to her office that day.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31453 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
I ordered an Archer band, but chose not to use it. For me, it just felt so cheap and thin that I just switched back to the stock band.

I don’t have a screen protector on mine. I tend to wear long sleeves a fair amount of time, so I use that as a protector.

Posts: 4597 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE...gid=pla-547064414373

Noticed the raise lip around the screen protecting the screen. Had the same thing on my last one and in 2 years not a mark on the device. Having that raised plastic around the screen protected it from many hits from doors to Sheetrock. I think the one I traded in was a series 4 and much to my surprise when I got the 6 it fit right in. Band and case is very G shock like which was my DD prior to getting a smartwatch.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12963 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post