SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any alternatives to Unlimited4GLTE for WiFi hotspots? Trouble with customer service.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any alternatives to Unlimited4GLTE for WiFi hotspots? Trouble with customer service. Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
We have 3 WiFi hotspots through Unlimited4gLTE.com. We have no other internet option and with working from home and a kid doing school from home internet is necessary. One of our hotspots stopped connecting to the internet. This isn’t completely unusual but usually an email to them gets the hotspot refreshed within a day. One time it took almost 2 weeks and we were getting frustrated. Well this time it’s been almost a month. They don’t answer phone or email. Our hotspots that do work kick us off often if too many devices connect.

We really need an alternative. Any suggestions? Starlink isn’t available here yet.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use straight talk phone on Verizon that does 50gb of data. I use PDAnet app to usb tether phone to a laptop. Then share the PDAnet connection to ethernet WAN port on wifi router to the rest of the house.

Oh almost forgot I have expressVPN running on the phone to stop straight talk from knowing I am tethering without approval.

I live down a long lane and have no other internet options. I am waiting for one of the low orbit satellite providers to finally support my location.

Posts: 548 | Location: Field of Dreams | Registered: September 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Unlimited4gLTE.com

what do this services cost per month? What is your budget? AT&T is good, but may be too much $$$. VZ has a similar plan for $65

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11109 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
I use these guys www.millenicom.com

They have ATT and T-Mobile service plans or did have, looks like ATT only now.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I pay $90 per month for each of the 3 hotspots. Keep in mind I’m not looking for an AT&T or Verizon plan. I’m looking for unlimited hot spot plan. These are only available through third party sellers. The one I use now does not have a data limit and doesn’t throttle speeds after too much usage. But it’s no good if they don’t work. We use these for internet and tv and the kid gaming.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
Do they need to be mobile? I’m wondering if T-mobile’s home internet 4G at $50 a month may be an option for rural coverage.

You are likely far enough North for Starlink’s initial service. $500 for the dish and $99/month but the speeds have been reported astronomical. Read a news story about a user moving around in dense woods with one with great success. Edit: I just saw your comment on Starlink.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dubya,

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubya:

You are likely far enough North for Starlink’s initial service. $500 for the dish and $99/month but the speeds have been reported astronomical.

I see what you did there.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 11109 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dubya:
Do they need to be mobile? I’m wondering if T-mobile’s home internet 4G at $50 a month may be an option for rural coverage.

You are likely far enough North for Starlink’s initial service. $500 for the dish and $99/month but the speeds have been reported astronomical. Read a news story about a user moving around in dense woods with one with great success. Edit: I just saw your comment on Starlink.

Thanks. I’m gonna give T mobile a try. We don’t need it to be mobile. This service wasn’t available to us last year for some reason. But seems legit now. I will try to sign up later today.

These go to eleven.

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
So T-Mobile wants to run a credit check to get an account. That's ridiculous. I am not taking a hit to my credit score (currently 800) to get an account I am paying for.

These go to eleven.