SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your dog can call you up on his/her own
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your dog can call you up on his/her own Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
The PawCall ... with a cautionary tale (tail?)

I guess this thing is real, but none of the reviews are verified purchases.

Paw Call allows your pet to call you when you're away. Paw Call is a durable, pet-safe button that is placed on the floor or wall near your PetChatz HD system. To let your pet know they can call you, simply schedule call times in your PetChatz web app, which causes a paw-shaped light on the Paw Call button to blink. Pets press the button to let you know they would like to chat over PetChatz HD. Connects seamlessly via Bluetooth to PetChatz HD. Compatible with PetChatz HD only. You’re always just a Paw Call away.

One review

At first it was great. He's a smart dog, so it didn't take him long to learn how to call me. The first few days were so cool. He'd call me up on his own. Neat! Such a nice surprise in the day. Then it started.... No matter how many times I'd tell him and reassure him he just... kept... calling... "Yes, you're a good dog. You are the good dog. You are the best dog. " it was never enough. He'd call practically every hour just to make sure that he was still a good dog. Then, as autumn approached, and the acorns began falling. I couldn't get 15 minutes to myself. He kept calling... squirrels! There are squirrels! Two squirrels! Squirrels, squirrels, squirrels!!! And to top that, just when I thought it couldn't get worse the bitch next door went into heat!!! &@%*! Calling me every... three... minutes asking me to let him out... and where the cigarettes and lighter were. Finally I had had enough. With him calling me so much I slowly realized Howe much he sounded like Robin Williams. I got him an audition and he got a movie part with Kate Beckinsale and ***spoiler alert***his character saves the universe from tyranny. The upside is that he made enough on residuals that I was able to change to a work from home job ? So we don't need petchatz any more. Thank God the dog next door got fixed. Now I can get work done and sleep.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5675 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I had a German Shepherd once that would pick up the receiver when the phone rang and then drop it. He never mastered the part of barking "hello" though........

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8405 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Squirrel!!

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
This dog loves it:

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
That gif had me laughing my ass off, my wife looked at me like I was crazy.

Posts: 846 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolffy88
posted Hide Post
$99 is just for the call button. The system is $380! My dogs would be mad if my wife wasn’t on the other end anyway.

-wolff

"In the absence of light, darkness prevails." - Professor Bruttenholm

Posts: 2103 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I talk to my cat quite a bit. Many people think this is strange.
It would be really strange if the cat starts talking back... Via Bluetooth.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16391 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44495 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I talk to all 6 of my cats, but they don't respond.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I talk to all 6 of my cats, but they don't respond.

flashguy

They must be deaf.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
When I had a home phone, I would call and leave messages for my cats.

When I was home and the phone rang both would beat feat to it to see if it was me leaving them a message.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post