SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sens. Jeff Flake and Chris Coons introduce bipartisan carbon tax bill
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sens. Jeff Flake and Chris Coons introduce bipartisan carbon tax bill Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Deport their ass to France.Let the yellow vests have at them.

I'm withya on that one!

Posts: 7560 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m surprised that with the preliferation of electric cars they are still going for a carbon tax instead of a mileage tax. I’m sure when the next tax becomes a mileage tax that the carbon tax will just get folded in.

Posts: 3923 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Put a super-premium tax on the two foolish fools themselves for each being 100% pure bullshit.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
This does not surprise me, there are many Rhinos in Washington!
Flake, Ryan, McConnell, so many more. If these ass hats were really there to back Trump a lot more would have gotten done. They are in Washington to grease their own palms. Not too many more days and a wave of Rhinos will be leaving.

But I have to say I have never seen a man live up to his Surname more then FLAKE!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4837 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Truly one of my biggest voting regrets is voting for Flake back in 2012. His last name sure is apropos...

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Republicans need to get serious about climate change," Flake said

The Flake needs to get serious about getting a major case of STFU and go home.

But seriously, does anyone think the gummint would 'rebate' more than $1 per $1 million they collected once they got into the collection, monitoring, graft, building new offices, paying bloated bureaucrat salaries, etc.?

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8351 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I understand the bill it would take money from the pockets of the Middle class and then return it to their house holds. Sounds perfect,only something a Flake could think up. Flakes so dumb Coons probably talked him into this in less than five minutes.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
This maggot has just dethroned McCain as the worst attention whore ever in the Senate.

The king is dead...long live the king.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15584 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If both Flake and Coons are in favor of it, what makes it bi-partisan?

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post