SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Shelby GT 350 Stolen out of Showroom
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shelby GT 350 Stolen out of Showroom Login/Join 
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted
This is getting to be a regular pastime. Roll Eyes

INDIAN TRAIL, N.C. - The Union County Sheriff’s Office is searching for two people who broke into a car dealership and stole a Ford Shelby Mustang GT 350 from the showroom.

The two broke into the Crossroads Ford dealership on March 5 in Indian Trail.

The surveillance video showed the thieves driving the Mustang from the showroom, through some doors and into the dealership’s service area.

The two people spent time trying to open the service bay door, but they were unsuccessful and ended up driving the car through one of the closed service bay doors.

The Mustang was recovered Monday behind a nearby business.

The car is worth more than $100,000 with a few hundred miles driven on it.

Anyone with information is asked call the Union County Sheriff’s Office at 704-283-3789 or Crimestoppers at 704-283-5600. Link

Posts: 4009 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
UCSO is quite competent. They will catch these wankers..

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Makes me curious how you steal a new car from a dealership. The ones that I've worked at in the past, all our keys were either in a locked drawer system in the building, or in individual Supra boxes on each vehicle.
Either way, not like You can just walk up & grab a set of keys.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Gone in 60 seconds?

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
Drive through the projects, they'll find it

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
$100K? More like $60K.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
$100K? More like $60K.

Unless it was a GT350R or the news is reporting it with the expected dealer added "market adjustment".

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Yeah 100k, no way. If it was an R with ADM, maybe a sucker's price. That's the dealership talking to the news outlet to game their insurance carrier.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
I would think it would be worth much less than the sticker price (however much that actually is) since it was driven "through" a closed service bay door.

Maybe it will just buff out. Big Grin

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
MSRP is around $65k if its the 350R model, less if its just a 350 as noted in the article. And after a trip through a closed service door, its worth somewhat less than that.

Oh and the dealership can claim whatever they want as to the car's worth. The insurance company will pay out what it's 'actually' worth.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post