SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Office of the Special Counsel: "Karine Jean-Pierre violated the Hatch Act." Karine Jean-Pierre: "Hurr durr."
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Office of the Special Counsel: "Karine Jean-Pierre violated the Hatch Act." Karine Jean-Pierre: "Hurr durr." Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
KJP goes all Urkel: "Did I do that??"
quote:
White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre (KJP) responded to special counsel allegations that she had violated the Hatch Act on Tuesday, saying the White House "didn't know" it had made a violation.

The Office of the Special Counsel (OSC) accused KJP of violating the Hatch Act, which limits certain political activities of federal employees to prevent influencing elections. The accusation pertained to her use of "Mega MAGA" to describe Republican policies, but she now argues that Republicans themselves have used the term, and she did not know the OSC considered it to be political.

"The White House Counsel's Office is reviewing [the OSC's] opinion and is going to respond to them," KJP said. "If you look at the archived Trump White House website, it contains about nearly 2,000 uses of ‘MAGA’ to describe policies and official agendas. Congressional Republicans have also used ‘MAGA’ to refer to policies and official agenda frequently for years now even, clearly, before we entered the administration."

"The opinion that was presented by OSC happened just last week, which is – it occurred months after the briefing where I made those comments. So, basically it is retroactive," she added. "We did not know their opinion when we were given the green light to say the comments that I made."
Transltion: "It was a long time ago and someone told me to say it."

There's a good reason she comes off sounding so stupid, and that's because that's exactly what she is- a stupid, wholly unqualified diversity hire, who has her job only because she was born outside this country, has the current trendy skin pigmentation, hates America like any good leftist must, has absolutely no sense of personal responsibility, and loves to lick labia.

In other words, all the things that make for a competent, effective, insightful WH press secretary, at least by leftist standards.

You vacuous twit.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107652 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
"Opinion". There it is. Them trying to weasel out of accountability.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39765 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I’ll pass on vacuous twit’s actions to share a personal story.

Father, a federal official, had a Hatch Act complaint investigated to the nth degree (took 2+ years of criminal investigation).

His alleged violation: Mother volunteering for a political campaign. Father was uninvolved, did no volunteering, gave no money, and didn’t even have a bumper sticker on his car.

Still investigated, and it cost my family a MST of money for lawyers.

Will vacuous twit have this Hatch Act experience?

Only time will tell.

I’m hoping….

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31455 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
How ironic, considering every time Peter Doocy asks that silly woman a question about Biden and 2024, she tends to cite the Hatch act as to why she's just not going to answer him.

There's hardly anyone in this administration that isn't a bumbling, incoherent imbecile.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30413 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You vacuous twit.

An administration filled with them but she is special.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16710 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
And the DOJ has already decided to simply censure her in a statement and nothing else. Pathetic

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post