SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Utah - Missing Woman Found & The Pilot That Helped
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Utah - Missing Woman Found & The Pilot That Helped Login/Join 
Picture of UTsig
posted
For a week the local news was covering the story of a woman that went missing between Nevada and Utah. She was found, vehicle stuck in snow/mud, she was fine. This is one smart lady, had food and water in case something happened, stayed with vehicle. Of course, not smart that she was out off road!

The most interesting part is the pilot that helped find her. He's a very interesting guy, the only resident of the town he lives in. He was written up in the NY Times in 2012. Here're links the NYT story and the story of him finding Mrs. Richlan.

https://www.ksl.com/article/46...ote-box-elder-county

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/0...scp=2&sq=utah&st=cse

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3397 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
The thing I love about this story is how the lady handled herself while stranded for an entire week. She was not only prepared, but she knew not to panic and not to leave her vehicle.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
One, that's a cool story.

Two, I need my own plane.

Three, I like her style, except that she didn't consider the need for backup comms?

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
That's a great paint job

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I've flown around that area a couple of years ago.

It really is in the middle of nowhere.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post