New
Find
Notify
Tools

32 years Login/Join 
Loved those Texas
one room schools
posted Hide Post
We had our 58th anniversary in March. I think its going to work out. The Justice of the Peace charged us 25 cents for the ceremony. An off duty Highway Patrolman was a witness. We were 20 and 16.

"Louis was furious with the sharks. He thought they had an understanding: The men would stay out of the sharks' turf - the water - and the sharks would stay off theirs - the raft...If the sharks were going to try to eat him, he was going to try to eat them." From Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

Posts: 1862 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: May 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
35 years here, but when I think back over the years , it seems like only 15 , or so.

would be interested in reading about a great experience or two ,from the early years

30-years in October - all my travel makes it a feels-like 15 Wink

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4657 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!! Going on 27 years for me.

Posts: 4460 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Wife and I will celebrate our 50th in December of this year. We have been together 53 years.

(Women! You can't live with 'em, and you can't kill 'em.)

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 95flhr:
Today marks 32 years of marriage. I am a lucky man, but my poor wife is starting her 33rd year of putting up with me.

congrats,

the 14th was our 31st year,

we had Chinese for dinner, and the first fortune cookie I opened said 'you and your wife will be happy in your life together'

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10594 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you both!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10994 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
34 going on 35 here.

Posts: 6592 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Nice well done.

I got 23 years over three marriages...what's that worth?

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
We're about a month behind you - it'll be 32 years come 19 October.

Congrats!

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3163 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
congrats

Posts: 2638 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Wife and I will hit 48 in November. Married on leave between Basic training Uncle Sams paid honeymoon (minus wife).

Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot little puppies.

Gene Hill

Posts: 626 | Registered: July 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I have friends who suggest that after over 30 years with me, my wife is an example for Stockholm Syndrome. Yeah, great friends!

Congrats on the 32nd! Smile

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
but my poor wife is starting her 33rd year of putting up with me.

Wow, you met her on your wedding day? The original reality tv show! Wink

Congrats!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6900 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
We just did 37, not counting the "practice" years.

37 years for us as well on 8/2 plus 2 practice years. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

Jim

Well, I would have. I would have practiced harder! Big Grin

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18394 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our 32nd was April 20th. That evening I told her to pack her bags, she's leaving. Wow did she get a strange look on her face. She didn't know that the next morning we were leaving on a 16 day vacation!

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!! Here's hoping you guys have many more Smile

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post