SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Boeing Has Some New Problems
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boeing Has Some New Problems Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
an update - NASA is now thinking they will have to ditch the 'Starliner' and get SpaceX to bring the stranded astronauts home on a Dragon

Boeing was awarded twice the money that SpaceX was for the development, took far more time, and still failed miserably

Who didn't see this coming

https://x.com/WallStreetSilv/s.../1821556549170442242

Posts: 34514 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
According to WSJ, if Dragon returns them, it won’t be until February.

Link

Should NASA ask SpaceX to fly Wilmore and Williams back to Earth, both would stay on the ISS until February 2025, when SpaceX’s vehicle is scheduled to make its return trip with four crew members on board. NASA astronauts typically spend about six months on the facility before rotating off.

Posts: 1850 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I'm more concerned about the consumables (or lack thereof) for two additional people for a 52+ day extended stay that was not factored in

Posts: 53775 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24571 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Staying over time... I'm wondering how much extra food they carry.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4173 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Staying over time... I'm wondering how much extra food they carry.
Amazon. Or maybe Kroger.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31372 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
They just got 8,200 pounds of stuff delivered on Tuesday. I don’t think supplies running out is an issue. There are two other capsules, a Dragon and a Soyuz, docked at the ISS right now. The Soyuz will return with three people in September. The Dragon will return with four in September. Four more are scheduled to arrive in September. The thinking is only two will go up, the two that arrived on the Starliner will stay as part of that crew’s mission until February. The four that are up there as part of Space X crew 8 will return in the September in the Dragon that’s there now.

Sucks when they overbook your space flight and you get bumped to the next flight in six months.

Posts: 11594 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post