SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sap bubble on chreey tree
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sap bubble on chreey tree Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
I noticed this on one of our ornamental cherry trees. Is this a sign or a borer? If so, any tips on getting rid of it?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contact your County agent. Send the picture they would have some idea. The other choice is your local nursery.

Posts: 17242 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dormant Oil spray to the tree will help eradicate/control.

Generally, you want to hit this while the tree is still dormant - hence the name. If you have buds already appearing, I'd spray the trunk and major branches.

Yes, a picture to the county extension agent will get you an answer.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 863 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I always used Lindane for borers. You can also poke a wire in the hole to possibly kill the borer.

Trappers wire is 14 gauge and has many uses.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post