SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In Flanders Fields
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In Flanders Fields Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted
At the eleventh hour, of the eleventh day, of the eleventh month, the guns fell silent.
'We will remember them'

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flanders fields.
Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

'They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.'

And all the others since. We will remember them.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Lest we forget.

Posts: 3265 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Amen!

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19767 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never forget...

Homer R. Eddy, Captain, Combat Engineers
Korea, 1951 RIP

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2159 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Amen!

Amen again.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
This kid is new to Youtube, and he has a good sense of humor. He works a lot so he doesnt have time for many videos. Anyway, I really loved this one:

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3664 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I am old enough to remember when it was Armistice Day, and folks bought fake poppies to wear (the money supported the veterans' organizations). I also remember "In Flanders Fields" and weep every time I think of it. (I don't exactly know why, but that poem just evokes a lot of emotion in me.)

Everyone have a pleasant Veterans' Day.

flashguy
David E. Casteel
Captain, USAF (ret)

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read Henry V's speech on St Crispin's Day (via Shakespeare) and Kipling's Tommy every Veteran's Day.

Posts: 17261 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post