SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trivago guy busted for drunk driving.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Trivago guy busted for drunk driving. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
I found his 'Chivago' shit very annoying.

An actor best known as the “Trivago guy” was allegedly found passed out behind a steering wheel of a car in a moving lane of traffic in Houston in the middle of the afternoon.

Tim Williams, 52, was discovered at around 3:15 p.m. Wednesday, FOX26 Houston reports. He reportedly had a foot on the brake, according to the Houston Chronicle.

He then reportedly failed a sobriety test and was taken to a processing center where he submitted to a blood test before being charged with a DWI.

The actor has been court-ordered to undergo mental health or intellectual disability assessment. He was released on $100 bond. The Houston native has been living in Germany for about about 15 years, according to his website.
Williams has had small parts in shows like “My So-Called Life,” “Sopranos,” and “Law and Order” and roles in movies like “Labyrinth of Lies.” He’s also a country musician. But he’s most recognized as the television spokesman for Trivago.com, a popular hotel search engine site.

Tim Williams Photo: Houston Police Department
“Forget the Dos Equis dude, Trivago Guy is the most interesting man in the world,” Rolling Stone wrote in a 2014 profile, which Williams quotes in his website bio.

“When the Germany based travel company Trivago, first auditioned Tim, he would serve only as a voice over talent, but on the second engagement with the company they decided to put him in front of the camera in a move that certainly proved to be a win for both, Trivago and Tim,” his website states. “Now, five years as the face of the brand that asks ‘Hotel? Trivago,’ Tim’s artist endeavors find him returning to the place where his journey started years ago, Houston.”

He is scheduled to appear in court on April 17. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer who can speak on his behalf at this time.

Link

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
released on $100 bond.
You've got to be shitting me. $100 bond is it for being released from passing out while driving?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The Trololo Guy? I thought he was dead.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Couldn't he book a hotel room to sleep it off?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The actor has been court-ordered to undergo mental health or intellectual disability assessment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Intelluctual disability?? As in developmentally delayed or recent Neurological insult ie, CVA or TBI? This makes no sense without additional information.

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I told my wife when he first appeared he looks like a rummy.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
I told my wife when he first appeared he looks like a rummy.

That's interesting because I said something similar to my wife. I said he always looks like he's just come off a 3-day drunk and stumbled into the studio in time to make the commercial.

But I didn't think it was real, I just thought it was the unfortunate result of a middle-aged man trying to go for the grunge/scruffy look. I feel badly about it now. I hope he's able to get help.

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he definitely gave off that "down-at-heel drunk" vibe in the commercials.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
He’s got like a 14” waiste

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
He’s got like a 14” waiste
So you're saying that drinking will help one lose weight? Hallelujah!

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Then there is the Baddabook, badda boom guy. Arrrrrgh!

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The $100 bond is BS.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
He was half in the bag when he did those commercials, that's why the best he could do with "Trivago" was "Chivago." Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are DRUNK.... You are going to JAIL
Badda bing...badda BOOM

Posts: 169 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The purpose of bail bonds is to help ensure that a defendant complies with the orders of the court, and that’s usually to show up for trial when directed. They are not supposed to satisfy the public’s thirst for vengeance prior to conviction of the crime alleged or to impose additional punishment or hardship on the accused beyond what may be imposed after conviction. If a judge is convinced that there’s little reason to fear that someone won’t appear as directed because of his ties to the community, his job, or whatever, then what would be the justification for imposing a large bond amount? I have no idea who this guy is, but what’s the basis for believing he will skip the country or go into hiding in the West Virginia mountains before trial for a DUI charge?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Well, using Trivago, he'd be able to score a hell of a deal on a hotel room to hide out in when he flees to a foreign country, so...

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
WHO???

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
For a while they had some Australian girl doing commercials for them. I liked her better.

But he's been making bank of this gig for a long time now. I wonder if he's derailed his gravy train.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
The purpose of bail bonds is to help ensure that a defendant complies with the orders of the court, and that’s usually to show up for trial when directed. They are not supposed to satisfy the public’s thirst for vengeance prior to conviction of the crime alleged or to impose additional punishment or hardship on the accused beyond what may be imposed after conviction. If a judge is convinced that there’s little reason to fear that someone won’t appear as directed because of his ties to the community, his job, or whatever, then what would be the justification for imposing a large bond amount? I have no idea who this guy is, but what’s the basis for believing he will skip the country or go into hiding in the West Virginia mountains before trial for a DUI charge?
Texas has stiff penalties if convicted and I had heard stories from acquaintances of it being a $12 to 20k ordeal. However, I had never asked about the bail, but I figured it was pretty stiff.

BTW, if convicted here are the penalties:
quote:
Offenses: DWI Alcohol or Drugs

1st Offense

Up to a $2,000 fine.
Jail time between 3 days and 180 days.
License suspension for up to 2 years.
Annual surcharge up to $2,000 for 3 years to keep your license.
DWI intervention or education program (see below).
Possible ignition interlock device (see below).

2nd Offense

Up to a $4,000 fine.
Jail time between 1 month and 1 year.
License suspension up to 2 years.
Annual surcharge of up to $2,000 for 3 years to keep your license.

3rd Offense

Up to a $10,000 fine.
State prison time between 2 years and 10 years.
License suspension up to 2 years.
Annual surcharge of up to $2,000 for 3 years to keep your license.

DWI with a Child Passenger

If you're driving while intoxicated with a child younger than 15 years old in your vehicle, you face:

Up to a $10,000 fine.
Jail time up to 2 years.
License suspension for 180 days.

All of that is for cases without death, disfigurement, or impaired function of anybody hit.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Passed out behind the wheel in traffic = heroin mix

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post