SIGforum
Turn ‘Em In or Become a Felon! Mandatory ‘Buyback’ Starting In Delaware

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1980099594

December 18, 2022, 06:55 AM
Anarion
Turn ‘Em In or Become a Felon! Mandatory ‘Buyback’ Starting In Delaware
[fingers crossed] "Ivhave no large capacity magazines, officer."[/fingers crossed]

It seems they learned nothing from watching over a quarter million Connecticut gun owners refuse to comply with an unreasonable gun-control effort. Stupid is as stupid does..m

==============================
On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory.
Gen. Douglas MacArthur
December 18, 2022, 07:38 AM
Sig2340
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:

LCM 18 to 30 Rounds – $15

30-round Hexmags are $7.99

I sense a business opportunity.

Plus it gets Hexmags off the street.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
December 18, 2022, 09:14 AM
Vette02
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I know this is the Del thread, but...

Rhode Island seems to have something brewing too. Mags have to be turned in or destroyed by tomorrow night in Rhode Island??

Source: https://www.providencejournal....-rights/69727765007/

PROVIDENCE — As the deadline approaches for gun owners to give up their high-capacity firearm magazines or face legal consequences, a federal judge on Wednesday upheld a newly enacted state law banning magazines that carry more than 10 rounds of ammunition. U.S. District Court Chief Judge John J. McConnell Jr. refused to grant a request by a Chepachet gun store and several Rhode Island gun owners for a preliminary injunction blocking the law, which on Sunday will make possession of a large-capacity gun magazine a felony in Rhode Island. McConnell found that the plaintiffs Big Bear Hunting and Fishing Supply; three Rhode Island residents — Mary Brimer, James Grundy and Jonathan Hirons; and, a Newport homeowner who lives in Florida, Jeffrey Goyette, had not shown that they would suffer irreparable harm if the law was allowed to take effect, and that allowing its enforcement was in the public's interest

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Correct
Today, there are a lot more "FELONS" in RI!!!!!!!
BP
December 18, 2022, 04:24 PM
400m
Pieces of shit. All of them. Including the constituents who voted for them. If you’re going to buy a bunch of mags to make some money, please make sure you trash the bodies and fuck up the feed lips. That way those fuckers can’t turn around and sell them. These assholes really make me sick.

I’m guessing there is no law on the amount of abortions you can have in Delaware is there?
December 18, 2022, 04:26 PM
Ryanp225
3d printer go brrrrrr.
Come to my home and demand my property and you'll see the hill I have chosen to die on.
December 19, 2022, 06:48 PM
Rightwire
Coming soon to Michigan Mad

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.
December 20, 2022, 03:03 AM
Bisleyblackhawk
[/QUOTE]

30-round Hexmags are $7.99

I sense a business opportunity.

Plus it gets Hexmags off the street.[/QUOTE]

I’ve been pretty much pleased with Hex Mags (especially the grey ones Wink).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
December 20, 2022, 01:29 PM
Elk Hunter
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I guess you guys are against the provision in this law that allows CCW holders to be exempt from this, eh?

And how does this fit in with the Second Amendment?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
December 20, 2022, 01:33 PM
Elk Hunter
quote:
Originally posted by Vette02:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
I know this is the Del thread, but...

Rhode Island seems to have something brewing too. Mags have to be turned in or destroyed by tomorrow night in Rhode Island??

Source: https://www.providencejournal....-rights/69727765007/

PROVIDENCE — As the deadline approaches for gun owners to give up their high-capacity firearm magazines or face legal consequences, a federal judge on Wednesday upheld a newly enacted state law banning magazines that carry more than 10 rounds of ammunition. U.S. District Court Chief Judge John J. McConnell Jr. refused to grant a request by a Chepachet gun store and several Rhode Island gun owners for a preliminary injunction blocking the law, which on Sunday will make possession of a large-capacity gun magazine a felony in Rhode Island. McConnell found that the plaintiffs Big Bear Hunting and Fishing Supply; three Rhode Island residents — Mary Brimer, James Grundy and Jonathan Hirons; and, a Newport homeowner who lives in Florida, Jeffrey Goyette, had not shown that they would suffer irreparable harm if the law was allowed to take effect, and that allowing its enforcement was in the public's interest

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Correct
Today, there are a lot more "FELONS" in RI!!!!!!!
BP

I guess I missed the national program to remove the Second Amendment. What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do these morons not understand?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
December 22, 2022, 07:51 AM
magholderusa
It'd be time to move for me if I lived there.

Ricky Taggart
Magholder.com
Utah, USA
December 31, 2022, 10:21 PM
wrightd
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
It’s not paranoia. Delaware state police were found to be keeping records on people several years ago.

It's really truly the whole point when you think about it, the magazine specification is secondary, they really want their registry for future illegal search and seizure.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
December 31, 2022, 10:25 PM
wrightd
quote:
Originally posted by DaveL:
quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
I’d love to hear that judge explain how exactly it’s “in the public interest”. That would at least imply that the “public” will derive some benefit. How many shootings have occurred in Delaware in which having the smaller magazines would have made a difference? How many lives saved? I would venture zero. For that matter, how many times has an AR15 been used at all in Delaware?

Likely the only people happy with this are the gun grabbing pols and the moms demand action variety lunatics

He’s not allowed to. The court is required to accept as true whatever findings the legislature makes about the benefits of law like this as long as there is some basis for them. So if the legislature found that this law will save lives, the court has to accept that.

Unless it goes the other way against them.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
January 14, 2023, 04:29 PM
Kskelton
$25 a mag…. Time to buy a bunch of KCI mags or those really cheap SDS 33rd glock mags.…. Is there a limit to how many you can turn in? Time to make some money

www.OneStopFirearms.com
January 15, 2023, 06:04 PM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by magholderusa:
It'd be time to move for me if I lived there.
You wouldn't have to move far to be out of Rhode Island -- the state is 40 miles square. Of course, the neighboring states (Massachusetts and Connecticut) aren't much better.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth