Turn ‘Em In or Become a Felon! Mandatory ‘Buyback’ Starting In Delaware

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/1980099594

November 04, 2022, 06:54 AM
downtownv
Turn ‘Em In or Become a Felon! Mandatory ‘Buyback’ Starting In Delaware
Turn ‘Em In or Become a Felon! Mandatory ‘Buyback’ Starting In This State
by S.H. BLANNELBERRY on NOVEMBER 2, 2022

Gun owners in Delaware are now being forced to turn in their “large-capacity” magazines to law enforcement following the passage of the “Delaware Large Capacity Magazine Prohibition Act of 2022” in June of this year.

The new law broadly prohibits the production, sale, purchase, receipt, transfer, and possession of magazines with a capacity of over 17 rounds.

The Delaware Department of Safety and Homeland Security (DSHS) issued guidelines late last month along with dates, locations, and compensation for the mandatory “buyback” program.

The DSHS said that “residents are eligible to receive fair market compensation for” their LCM or large capacity magazine.

Delawareans providing valid identification for proof of residency may receive:

LCM 18 to 30 Rounds – $15
LCM 31 or greater round – $25
LCM Drums – $80

https://www.gunsamerica.com/di...rting-in-this-state/

https://www.teampython.com

November 04, 2022, 07:02 AM
Balzé Halzé
KISS. MY. ASS.

The only appropriate response.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle
November 04, 2022, 07:06 AM
Ozarkwoods
I heard the prison dental plan is excellent.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
November 04, 2022, 07:09 AM
parabellum
Eat shit and die.

Come and fucking take them. Come on.
November 04, 2022, 07:14 AM
nhracecraft
Even in New Jermany, exactly NOBODY turned in ANY of their legally purchased 'standard capacity' magazines...I'd expect a similar level of compliance in 'The First State' to radify the US Constitution!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!
November 04, 2022, 07:20 AM
parabellum
Eat this, commies.

"Mandatory buyback". Disgusting totalitarians!

YOU

ARE

NOT

AMERICANS!
November 04, 2022, 07:37 AM
RichardC

November 04, 2022, 07:48 AM
parabellum
I've never been to Delaware, but today, I am from Delaware.
November 04, 2022, 08:02 AM
gearhounds
I truly hope the state’s patriots disregard this tyranny with zero compliance. I’d love to see their shitbag spawn in the White House get all frothy around the mouth over it.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
November 04, 2022, 08:17 AM
DCFD4
Hmmm... Well since I didn't buy the mags from you I think I'll disregard your "buy back"
November 04, 2022, 08:18 AM
airsoft guy
Today's compromise is tomorrow's loophole.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.
November 04, 2022, 08:25 AM
chellim1
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I've never been to Delaware, but today, I am from Delaware.

Exactly.
Living in Florida (or wherever) may temporarily insulate you from tyranny, but if tolerated anywhere, it spreads like cancer.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
November 04, 2022, 08:30 AM
Modern Day Savage
Fuck 'em..

.. although I will say, an enterprising individual with, say maybe a 3D printer or some spare scrap sheet metal and glue/ rivets, and some Bobby Pins may just be able to make some extra change for Christmas.
November 04, 2022, 08:32 AM
shovelhead
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Fuck 'em..

.. although I will say, an enterprising individual with, say maybe a 3 D printer or some spare scrap sheet metal and glue/ rivets, and some Bobby Pins may just be able to make some extra change for Christmas.

Or a way to “sell” worn out or damaged Pmags.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)
November 04, 2022, 08:35 AM
RichardC
I understand, don't feel insulated from tyranny, and hope that the true Constitutionalists in Delaware can turn this whole totalitarian effort around, perhaps using the Free States' examples of legislation.

November 04, 2022, 08:36 AM
MNSIG
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Or a way to “sell” worn out or damaged Pmags.

Probably a bad idea anyway. Since you have to provide ID and proof of residency, it's just one more way to draw the attention of "The Man" who may have additional reason to believe you have more than you turned in.
November 04, 2022, 09:02 AM
gearhounds
Maybe buy a crate of these and triple your money…
https://thecastlearms.com/prod...ign=wikiarmslistings

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
November 04, 2022, 09:11 AM
HRK
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

That would be excellent trolling

November 04, 2022, 09:13 AM
sig sailor
If folks from a commie state like N.J. can have zero compliance, Delaware can too.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author
November 04, 2022, 09:16 AM
ensigmatic
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher