SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ford fans: Ford is replacing CEO Mark Fields as it is remaking itself as a nimble, high-tech provider of new mobility services
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford fans: Ford is replacing CEO Mark Fields as it is remaking itself as a nimble, high-tech provider of new mobility services Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
He did a hell of a job making Ford relevant again in so many way. Their quality has improved to the point I would consider owning one these days. (Trucks are different, always been a Ford truck guy)

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7148 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
The automakers are all sucking wind in terms of share price, even while they are making a fairly large profit.

But boards want the share price to go up. So the CEO gets the axe. It probably isn't the CEO's fault, but that doesn't matter much.

It's like the business/corporate version of a Tyranny of the Majority, a cost/artifact of a free market and a free people that manifests as a net negative. There's nothing wrong with what/how they're doing, but some folks are never satisfied, perhaps when they should be, or perhaps when viewed from perspectives other than stock price. Tragic myopia, maybe.

Time will tell, but the announcement doesn't instill confidence.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Ford is screwing itself. The F150 and Mustang are simply great vehicles. What's the hell wrong with making them even better ? Instead they're going to take some risks doing probably stupid things. Reminds me of when ole carley took over HP and stopped making printers and the bottom dropped out. I know it's more complicated than that, but it's unfortunate they can't continue to improve on what they do best, instead of hiring hiring a non-auto guy to play wall street games instead of making great vehicles. That is like putting the IT department under the VP of Finance (which was common in the 80s and always failed). Stupid is as stupid does.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8914 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
All I know is my stock price has been dwindling for a while now. I do my part in buying all of our company vehicles from Ford.

Posts: 1316 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post