SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rinnai Code 11, any tips?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rinnai Code 11, any tips? Login/Join 
Picture of ergoproxy
posted
My 8yo Rinnai water heater just started showing code 11. It is still working but, it takes fewer more minutes for the hot water to kick in. It has been very reliable. Any quick tips before I call in for a technician? TIA

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
You might email or call them. Rinnia American Link

Posts: 11866 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
A quick search came up with this...

Rinnai fault code 11 – No ignition. Check to make sure the gas is turned on at the water heater, gas meter or tank. Ensure the igniter is operational. If gas is being supplied to the tankless water heater and the igniter is working, call for an evaluation by a qualified plumber.

We had a client call us several years ago with this issue. It turned out he was out of propane in his tank..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6337 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ours (tankless) has started doing this pretty frequently.

Wondering if it's something I can DIY fix. Our hot tub heater had a corroded thermistor & was an easy $12 fix.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15397 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post