SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guidelines For The FNG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guidelines For The FNG Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
A friend just got hired to fly for a regional carrier, his first "real" airline job.

I had to 'splain to him that a FNG is only permitted to say three things to the Captain:

➤ "Nice landing, sir."

➤ "I'll buy the first round."

➤ "I'll take the fat one."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Things haven’t changed Big Grin

Posts: 53851 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55210 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guidelines For The FNG
Is that like a JAFO?

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Is that like a JAFO?
Fucking New Guy (they start as SIC -- Second In Command, also known as First Officer, Right Seater, or Co-Pilot).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Is that like a JAFO?
Fucking New Guy (they start as SIC -- Second In Command, also known as First Officer, Right Seater, or Co-Pilot).

HAHAHA I see what you did there.

Roy Scheider, the 1983 movie Blue Thunder, JAFO

lol that was one of the best scenes ever.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Don't upset Para.

Oh wait - thought it was for FNGs here at SIGforum

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3633 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
Nearly 30 years ago I was the FNG flying freight in small jets (Falcon 20). This is the briefing one of the captains gave at the beginning of each trip, verbatim. He wasn't even the worst captain there to fly with!

"I don't need your help to fly this airplane, I can reach every switch in this cockpit that I need to from my seat. This is a dictatorship, not a democracy. It can be a benevolent dictatorship if you do what you are told to do. Any questions?"

Posts: 9755 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
How long does it take for the right seat / FNG to become recognized as a Real Pilot?

Posts: 842 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

➤ "I'll take the fat one."

By that, I assume you mean "I'll fly the 737."

Anything else will get you in trouble. Wink

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53249 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Giggle snort

Posts: 53851 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jgerge222:

How long does it take for the right seat / FNG to become recognized as a Real Pilot?
Depends. Many factors. Some right-seaters choose to remain there because of things like seniority when bidding for routes / schedules etc. Moving to PIC position would put them at the bottom of the seniority list in that role, so when bidding for routes & schedules, they would get the left-overs.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
In the 727 all the right seater needed to say was:

Pitot Heat,
Window heat,
Let's eat. Smile

Or universally:

Clear Right
You're right
I'll take the less desirable one Smile

Posts: 1164 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jgerge222:

Until he saves the Captain's ass from a stupid mistake!

Posts: 9755 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post