SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Col.Jeff Cooper Revisited
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Col.Jeff Cooper Revisited Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted
Worth posting, most of you have read this before :

If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." --- Col. Jeff Cooper

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Amen

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9366 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking that we are approaching a time where there will be a resurgence of vigilantism due to government's inability to deal effectively with violent crime

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
I have been thinking that we are approaching a time where there will be a resurgence of vigilantism due to government's inability to deal effectively with violent crime

I think the increase in shall issue CCW permit states reflects exactly that.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:

I think the increase in shall issue CCW permit states reflects exactly that.
I would argue that the increase in the number of "Constitutional Carry" states also indicates it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
We had a situation a few days ago where someone carjacked a citizen... the citizen shot back.

Closed a major freeway (I-84) west of Pendleton for a few hours.

So yes there will be an increase in citizens not being victims.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post