SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sad Anecdote About Chick-Fil-A
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sad Anecdote About Chick-Fil-A Login/Join 
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I am getting tired of the ignorant. I know it wouldn't be very nice or productive but my first reaction to that idiot kid would be to grab his sandwich out of his hand, administer a hard open handed smack, and tell him he can have his food back when he stops spreading hateful nonsense.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
On a side note I personally think that ALL churches and educational schools all should to a degree pay some taxes too but not to punish one because of a belief. Eek

Have you ever asked yourself why our Founding Fathers chose to make church organizations tax exempt?

Where in the Constitution does it expressly exempt churches from taxes? Confused

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
On a side note I personally think that ALL churches and educational schools all should to a degree pay some taxes too but not to punish one because of a belief. Eek

Have you ever asked yourself why our Founding Fathers chose to make church organizations tax exempt?

Where in the Constitution does it expressly exempt churches from taxes? Confused

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Must we continue to drift this man's thread? Come on guys.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Villebilly Deluxe
posted Hide Post
I had a similar experience. In a casual conversation in a group of people I didn't know very well, the question came up "who has the best chicken sandwich, Popeyes or Chick Fil A. I said I preferred Chic Fil A. This guy got angry and said he hadn't had Chick Fil A in 9 years since they hate gays. Turns out he was a public defender. Big shock. I didn't mention that his boycott was totally ineffective. Last few times I've been there, the drive through, parking lot and over flow parking were full.

Posts: 393 | Location: Bluegrass State | Registered: February 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of churches and politics.

In rural North Carolina one does not get elected to local offices until one gives the local democratically-aligned ministers (so-called) their "walking around money." Once this is done the Sunday before the election the "flock" is instructed on who to vote for and they even hand out sample ballots and teach them how to "properly" complete them.

This occurs during the so-called church service.

It has been a well known secret for 100 years. The FBI has been informed of it more times than I can count, BUT due to the benefactors of the votes nothing has ever been done.

Posts: 232 | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Posting this from terminal A in the ATL airport, where I just enjoyed a spicy Chik-Fil-A sammich. More for us, less for the haters. The brainwashing of our youts, it is pretty sad.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

How did my thread turn into a discussion of churches paying taxes, FFS? Roll Eyes
Are you new around here? Razz

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30679 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't say the boycott is ineffective. I was there last Sunday, and there wasn't a soul there. Big Grin

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
In my experience, any who spouts BS like this not only are aware that it's a lie but use it to try to manipulate you into feeling guilt and/or trying to elicit sympathy; this is no different than democrats calling us racists.

No one confronts them about their lies so they keep getting away with it.

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Every time I hear some asshole badmouthing Chick-Fil-A, I get an awful hankerin' for a sammich and some of them funny fries. So I drive out there and get in line...

To the best of my knowledge the company doesn't discriminate against anyone, either customers or employees. The Cathy family is entitled to their beliefs as are we all.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before "they": started all this anti-Chick Filet, we hardly ever went there-just another fast food place and we try not to ever eat that stuff.

But, what? Three years ago, maybe four? We started going to support them, and now I go way too much. I was there three times today, picked up breakfast, then later a couple of Coke Zeros and lemonades.

I go so often than many of the kids on the sidewalk (the order takers) know my name.

Never met anyone there that was anything but pleasant, and never say any haters.

Bob

This message has been edited. Last edited by: straightshooter1,

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
If people are going to make a claim like that, they ought to forced to substantiate with supporting data. Don’t let them off the hook with claims off the cuff like that.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12723 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Paint those thinking different than you as monsters means (1) you don't have to understand what they're saying because they're monsters and (2) you don't have to understand your views because the other side are monsters.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8347 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It all starts in the school system. Most teachers in the public school system are very liberal.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I worked with a lady in her late 50’s who used to spout off the same stuff when they were building the one in town here. I corrected her at every turn and she hated it.

Posts: 17135 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Keep saying it over and over and to some uninformed people, it appears to be the truth.

Soooo much easier to indoctrinate uneducated people....

My daughter (age 30) is not unedcuated but I think she's been indoctrinated. Maybe it was public school here or Iowa State (class of 2012) or hanging out with liberals in KC MO where she works. A few years ago I mentioned how much Mrs Sigmund and I enjoy eating at Chik Fil A when our daughter burst out "THEY HATE GAYS." I calmly explained the real story, not sure if she believed me.

The problem is education now is indoctrination. Look at all the "required diversity" classes, high school and college students have to take now.

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
My wife and I are both conservative and both Christians. We've done the best we can to educate our daughters (not indoctrinate and not force) about politics and the issues in the media. Our daughters both left public school at about 5th grade and entered a home school co-op. They never said much during the early years through high-school. But now that they are both in college - I'm hearing more and more nonsense, and some of it is sinking in and changing their beliefs. The college is the same as much of the media: left leaning or far left.

Any kids that had parents that weren't conservative to start with or weren't too good about teaching their children things at home (leaving it up to the schools) - those kids are absolutely being indoctrinated and taught the lefts beliefs. They believe everything they're told. After all - you're only a kid, and these are "professors." Professors are wise and to be trusted right ?

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
but in most of these cases, you can point the rapid decline of the country squarely at the feet of the school system - from start to finish and particularly the institutes of higher indoctrination

This, in spades!!!!!

And the ones who would destroy this country have been pushing this for years/decades

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25644 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
My wife and I are both conservative and both Christians. We've done the best we can to educate our daughters (not indoctrinate and not force) about politics and the issues in the media. Our daughters both left public school at about 5th grade and entered a home school co-op. They never said much during the early years through high-school. But now that they are both in college - I'm hearing more and more nonsense, and some of it is sinking in and changing their beliefs. The college is the same as much of the media: left leaning or far left.

Any kids that had parents that weren't conservative to start with or weren't too good about teaching their children things at home (leaving it up to the schools) - those kids are absolutely being indoctrinated and taught the lefts beliefs. They believe everything they're told. After all - you're only a kid, and these are "professors." Professors are wise and to be trusted right ?

IMO the best one can do (not from experience) is teach your kids good morals, right from wrong, critical thinking, and the difference between equality of outcome vs opportunity then toss in the mix a healthy does of patriotism and sit back and pray.

I'm truly afraid of what my kids will learn in school.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post