SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sonny is stopped at the toll plaza... James Caan passes, age 82.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sonny is stopped at the toll plaza... James Caan passes, age 82. Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
quote:
Foxnews.com: Godfather' star James Caan dead at 82, family says
Caan passed away on July 6

James Caan has passed away.

"It is with great sadness that we inform you of the passing of Jimmy on the evening of July 6," the family wrote in a tweet shared Thursday.

"The family appreciates the outpouring of love and heartfelt condolences and asks that you continue to respect their privacy during this difficult time."

ROSAL

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Jonathan E - Rollerball

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
RIP a favorite of mine, one of my favorite was the movie Thief...

Great Scene where Caan (Frank) discusses the missing $185K when Joe Gags went out the window.

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
YES!!!

Early Michael Mann...

RIP, James. You left quite a legacy.

quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
RIP a favorite of mine, one of my favorite was the movie Thief...

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/keET6waBJHk" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
RIP Jonathan E...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a young un when Rollerball came out. Man I thought that movie was awesome, watched it so many times. The futuristic world of 2018. Big Grin

RIP James Caan

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1936 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
R.I.P. Mr. Caan. I enjoyed your works.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Also liked him as Alan Bourdillion Trehearne (Mississipppi) in El Dorado.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Ciao Sonny,
God Bless.

Liked him in Alien Nation.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:

^^^^^
Me too.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
RIP Frown

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Al Pacino is the only actor in Oddball's picture still alive. Surprising both Pacino and Caan were the same age, 32, when "Godfather" was filmed. Amazing how young Pacino looked in the opening scene when he was in the role of a returning war hero, presumably around 20.

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Caan aka Sonny, aka Jonathan E

One of my favorite actors. My favorite movie with Mr. Caan is "The Killer Elite"...I have the movie poster on the wall in my Man Cave......"Pain is only a side effect, and death is the cure."

Posts: 3935 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
... Alan Bourdillion Trehearne ...

LORD ALMIGHTY!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Loved him as Brian Piccolo in Brian’s Song.

Watched it in my high school auditorium as a student.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite James Caan role was Brian Piccolo in Brian's Song.

RIP

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
He even made a good mobster in a comedy.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well no wonder he carries a knife.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sonny is stopped at the toll plaza...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post