SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My 11yr old made a Lego QR code
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My 11yr old made a Lego QR code Login/Join 
Hot Fuzz
Picture of Turbo216
posted
My 11 year old son is a Lego fanatic and is always making something interesting. A few weeks back he saved up some money, bought a Harry Potter castle and promptly turned into a WWII Bastogne sniper tower.

Fast forward to a couple days ago and he spent his afternoon working on this masterpiece. He couldn't wait for me to come home from work to scan his creation. I have no clue what made him think of this...but he got me!! I'm still chuckling at his level of creativity.

Hater of fun since 2001!

Posts: 596 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: January 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
+1 Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44493 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
Now that is VERY cool!!!

Great job!

Archerman

Posts: 2500 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
No one has scanned it yet?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14160 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
Son of a Bitch!!! Big Grin

JP

Posts: 2075 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Your kid is fantastic. I love that the QR code works, and it works really well.

That made my night.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4364 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!

Posts: 3547 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Haha bastard, took me a second how to figure out how to “scan” it. Good song regardless Big Grin

Guy seems like a genuine, handsome, nice fella after all this time. I haven’t a reason not to support him by listening to this old tune Big Grin

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2554 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That's just awesome, man!

As a Lego fan from long ago and a frequent user/creator of 2D bar codes, I love that!

God bless America.

Posts: 13901 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
That's really cool. I had a air conditioning box of Legos when I was a kid.
Part of the fun was trying to find small pieces in a shag carpet.
The good ole days!

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3944 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
I've been Rick-Rolled.

Posts: 1662 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Awesomeness! Rick is the man. Never gonna give you up…

Tell your son thanks for chuckle this morning! And I listened to the whole thing of course. Can’t shut that off in the middle of the song.

Posts: 752 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Wow! 11??? What's next?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39284 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
that's very coool

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2037 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
RICKY!!!!! Love it, good job.

Posts: 3789 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I knew it. Your kid has a real sense of humor to go with his skill.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12931 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
As Extraordinary
as Everyone Else
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable!
Congrats to him for his creativity.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6482 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You've got a cleaver one!

Posts: 15083 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
No one has scanned it yet?

I did, that's the reason for the "Plus one" (he got another)

But I did not want to spoil anything by saying anything. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44493 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic all the way around

Posts: 4331 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post