SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Huge thanks to Dave Truong for his generosity
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huge thanks to Dave Truong for his generosity Login/Join 
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted
Recently, I was named the winner of Dave’s most recent karma, one of his Molon Labe rings. While I’m not generally someone who wears jewelry (I don’t even own a watch), I’ve always thought that Dave made something truly unique when he designed this ring. I remember him asking for feedback on this forum when he was nailing down all the details of what it should be. The ring arrived Friday and I must say that it’s even better looking in person than it is in pictures. Dave is truly gifted when it comes to producing quality pieces of jewelry. The coolest thing is that this ring will complement the tattoo I have on my back, a Spartan helmet Molon Labe design. While I have no doubt that these pics will not do his work justice, I will post them anyway.

I will no doubt reach out to Dave when I am in the market for another piece, whether it’s an engagement ring or something as simple as a watch. He’s truly a gentleman and one of many people who make this forum an awesome place to be.

Posts: 3521 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Well done. Dave is the man and a class act, but it can't be said often enough.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6418 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I don’t wear jewelry except for my band. But would wear that. But I couldn’t buy one as my better would never approve. Too many other things that come up that we need to buy. Like coils. You’re very lucky to have won this karma. Envious.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12736 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Congrats on winning the Karma. It is a fine piece of craftsmanship. I bought mine about a year ago, and recently emailed Dave asking about products to polish it, given all the depth of detail on the sides and top. He wrote back just send it to him and he would polish it no charge. It came back looking newer than new. He is indeed a class act.

Posts: 10789 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Yeppers...Dave is truly a class act.

Posts: 13682 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Wear it in good health!!!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6014 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post