SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have good recipes for healthy B/S chicken breast dishes that are easy to make?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have good recipes for healthy B/S chicken breast dishes that are easy to make? Login/Join 
posted
Like the thread says. Anyone have good recipes, marinaides etc. for Boneless Skinless dishes? I am on a low cholesterol diet, have lost 17 lbs since December 22nd, but getting tired of how I cook it. I generally grill them, either marinated in Italian Dressing or Terryaki, or with bbq sauce. I tried a mojo marinaide and it didn't do it for the chicken like it does pork......So everyone throw some recipes or marinaides out there!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It was not evil that made me dangerous. It was love.
posted Hide Post
I eat grilled chicken all the darn time too. I really do not have anything good to share. Maybe eat some fish every now and then.

For God and Country,

Shannon

Posts: 1272 | Location: Central MS | Registered: March 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I souis vide chicken breasts then either brown them in a skillet or with a tourch. Chicken is perfectly cooked and juicy. The only way we will have it now.

Another benefit is you can souis vide enough breasts for several meals at one time using separate bags, then refrigerate/freeze them for later use. Then all you have to do is drop the bag in souis vide water bath reheated to same temperature it was originally cooked in for 30 minutes. Because it is cooked to temperature it can't be over cooked. You then brown it.

Another plus is you can marinate it in the vacuum pouch.

Lookup souis vide chicken on the internet. Tons of ways to do it.

Pork loin is also amazing done this way.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Ya. Salt, pepper and the grill. With brocolli

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8228 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
^^^ I have never heard of this method (souls vide), but I am intrigued! Thanks for sharing.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
There was a recipe in the paper the other day that intrigued me. Lay the chicken breast flat and cut through it horizontally (not all the way through) and open it up like a book. Place a couple of tablespoons of Pimento cheese inside and close. Dip the smooth side in a beaten egg and then in bread crumbs. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, coated side up and cook in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. I haven’t gotten around to trying it yet but I love Pimento cheese. Razz

There was a note saying that course Pimento cheese worked best because it didn't melt as fast. I make my own so that's no problem.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I currently like the Weber brand marinades at the store. They are a dry spice pack you add lemon, orange or lime juice to and marinade.

I am currently in between grills so I did some chicken breasts in the oven at 420. I put them on a cooling rack which was over a pan to catch the juices. I makes a bit of a mess in the oven which causes a bit of smoke which makes it taste like it was grilled.

Posts: 512 | Location: Pearland, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Grilled chicken with just a pinch or two salt per side and some pepper. Finish with mustard.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
This rub from Amazingribs.com is awesome on poultry

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23308 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Dixie and I have been making a simple creole chicken dish lately.

Cook up some rice (we use brown rice and chicken or veggie stock instead of water).

Season about 1 lb of chicken breast with creole/cajun seasoning and brown in a pot (I use a dutch oven). Remove chicken from the pot, then add in chopped red bell pepper, chopped onion, a can of red beans and a can of rotel diced tomatoes with chili peppers. Add some more cajun seasoning and cook til the onions are translucent, then add the chicken back in and the rice and warm it all through.

Very filling and easy on the cholesterol and fat. Maybe only a bit high in sodium.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I like this on occasion and sub fresh pineapple for the cheese at the end.
Replace the butter w/ whatever oil is best.
Tomato Curry Chicken

I usually do some rice on the side w/ some veg.

Posts: 7372 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Here's one my wife and I do all the time, and nothing could be easier. Put boneless chicken thighs in a baking disk, brush on your favorite BBQ sauce, and bake them at 350 for 25-30 minutes, then flip, brush on more sauce, and bake for another 25-30. So easy and so good. Works better with thighs than breasts. You won't be sorry you tried this.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Three parts italian dressing and one part
teriyaki sauce. Soak em overnight. I prefer
bone in/skin on breasts which don't get as dried out but are often huge.

Don't get me wrong...oh,never mind.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1057 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
400 for 40 min.
2 breasts in a glass casserole dish. A spoonful of basil pesto on the top of each. Spread it out. 3 slices of Roma tomato laid out across the top of each breast. Top with a little mozzarella in the last 15 minutes of baking.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5336 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Brine them. Pic your dry rub/spices of choice and generously add them, plus a tablespoon of salt, to judtbebough water to soak your chicken breast (assuming one piece only). Soak for at least 4 hours, 24 is better. It will help prevent them from getting dry.

For thinner cuts (like the flash frozen junk) 24 min @ a well preheated 350 is perfect. Done but still moist. For fresh breasts you're looking at about 30-32 to get the fat side done but the thin end will be dry. Better to cut them into 3 chunks per breast. 1st cut separates the fat end from the thin end. 2nd cut slices with the grain through the fat end to end up with 3 more equal sizes.

Posts: 6374 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I don't really use recipes, but here's a tip. Cut it up into ~1.5 inch cubes and do kabobs with it. Even if you use the exact same recipes you had been it will taste different. Much more surface area to absorb grill flavor from. Also if you are going to do kabobs, go a head and fill up a skewer with peppers, onions, and shrooms, alternating veggies. Maybe slice a tomato in half a grill it with it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Yep - in fact I just sent this one to The Monkey for his cookbook.

Josh’s Chicken (my son)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Lay out the chicken flat in clear glass pan

In bowl place ¼ c butter and melt in microwave (less than 30 seconds if already at room temperature). Then mix in:

(use little wire whisk to mix this and it is really handy!)

3 TBSP Dijon mustard

1 tsp of sage

1 tsp salt

¼ tsp pepper

Brush over chicken

Cook for 40 minutes and then broil for 5 minutes to get the crunchy top.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12345 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Food fatigue". The only thing I can suggest is changing up the cooking methods as much as the spices. Bake it one night, grill it another, throw it in the crock pot all day on another day, etc.

The textures and moisture contents are worlds different from one method to the next. They're all good, but too much of (almost) any good thing gets tiresome. Changing the spices alone doesn't cut it for me.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2072 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I let them sit in this dry rub for a bit then broil. Most breasts in my oven go eight minutes on a side at about seven inches from the heat. The measurements don't need to be exact. I like to slice them up and wrap in a flour tortilla with a bit of sour cream or whatever, maybe some slaw. Leftovers often get chopped up for chicken salad.

1T each: black pepper (Coarse Ground), paprika, & onion powder
ground turmeric, brown sugar, chili powder, & coarse sea salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've made these before. Definitely a different way to do chicken and they are tasty.
When I made them, I pan fried them and also added the cumin.

http://www.onelovelylife.com/c...chini-poppers-gf-df/

Posts: 221 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post