SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    An absolute first for me: video of a tame wolverine.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An absolute first for me: video of a tame wolverine. Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
The wolverine show starts at about 2:40.

Absolutely amazing. I have never heard of a wolverine behaving this way, even other wolverine raised in captivity from babies.

This next one is interesting on several levels. The wolverine is thought to be so bad tempered they have a hard time mating. This clip, however, seems to me to be showcasing mutual survival, a complex societal bond.

By this point, Jasper the Wolverine has bonded with Casey. Casey is not dead so there is no carrion smell, only the smell of Casey. But Jasper digs to find his "friend" and then tries to drag him out.

Unreal.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Amazing animals. Pound for pound, probably the fiercest, most formidable animal on the planet...sorry honey badger fans, it's just so.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15633 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Wow.
I'd love to meet Jasper.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fun Science Fiction story written years ago which recounts the potential invasion of Earth. The advanced scouts encounter a grizzly bear and the bear kills most of them, when they follow the bear they see it encounter a wolverine and the wolverine scares the grizzly away. They follow the Wolverine and see it encounter some human children who are not only unafraid of the wolverine but discipline it when it misbehaves. The aliens conclude that humans are too fierce to confront and leave the planet without knowing the wolverine was a pet.

"The Easy Way Out" by "Lee Correy", pseudonym of G. Harry Stine

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Wasabibill,

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 708 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Tame wolverine? Impressive!!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bare bones
posted Hide Post
This was a first for me. I once saw them in the wild and stayed far,far away!

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1199 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Ow..ow..OW!
I bet you say that a lot when working with wolverines.

Cool video.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jasper is cool.

Posts: 1571 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Repeat after me...

1) "I would like... To Feed your fingertips... To the wolverines."

2) "I am sorry... We have no badger pelts... Would you accept... A wolverine in it's place?"

3) Scream "Ohhh!" Grab your chest and fall to the floor.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Amazing animals. Pound for pound, probably the fiercest, most formidable animal on the planet...sorry honey badger fans, it's just so.

Yeah?

I'd like to see a wolverine confront a giant mantis shrimp on the mantis' home turf.

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15913 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

Yeah?

I'd like to see a wolverine confront a giant mantis shrimp on the mantis' home turf.

They'd go out for beers.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31485 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw one in Glacier National Park one year, I even got a out of focus pic, the memory of it is clear though.

Make it count

Posts: 1415 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: November 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Incredible animals, look at those huge paws!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 7004 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wasabibill:
Fun Science Fiction story written years ago which recounts the potential invasion of Earth. The advanced scouts encounter a grizzly bear and the bear kills most of them, when they follow the bear they see it encounter a wolverine and the wolverine scares the grizzly away. They follow the Wolverine and see it encounter some human children who are not only unafraid of the wolverine but discipline it when it misbehaves. The aliens conclude that humans are to fierce to confront and leave the planet without knowing the wolverine was a pet.

"The Easy Way Out" by "Lee Correy", pseudonym of G. Harry Stine

I remember reading this years ago- great story. It was published in "Analog 6", which can be purchased via Amazon.

Posts: 997 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a stuffed wolverine at home.

Posts: 1746 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:

A wolverine would pick up a pissed off honey badger and beat you with it.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38008 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool. The way he tamed him, he must be a Buckeye Wink

When I lived in Alaska, I carried a .454 casull in a chest holster when hiking and I never cleared leather for a bear (been as close as 25' to a grizzly). However, I ended up alone in a bowl with a wolverine and I cleared leather. Fortunately, he/she scampered off.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23332 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
He seems nice.

Posts: 26954 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
He is still a wild animal...lots of STUPID. Roll Eyes Eek

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:

A wolverine would pick up a pissed off honey badger and beat you with it.

Okay, i really LOL'd Big Grin

Thanks Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post