SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Largest [for now] Gas Station in the World - Buc-ee's in TN
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Largest [for now] Gas Station in the World - Buc-ee's in TN Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
https://www.thedrive.com/news/...c-ees-with-120-pumps

quote:

74,000-square-foot Buc-ee's gas station has opened for business near Sevierville, Tennessee. Located along Interstate 40 outside of Knoxville, the rest stop chain's newest location is the largest refilling spot in the world, featuring 120 fuel pumps, a massive shopping center that doubles as a rest area, and jobs for 350 locals.

Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it's more than just a place to get gas. With one of the company's massive beaver mascots shadowing the new location, fresh BBQ, and almost two acres of interior space, it's a uniquely American tourist destination in and of itself.

It's natural that the world's largest gas station is a Buc-ee's. Since opening its first super-sized rest stop in Texas in 2003, the chain has expanded to several nearby southern states. It currently has 58 locations, mostly in the south, although it has plans to expand to states like Colorado and Wisconsin as well. It's known for its clean restrooms, relatively high employee pay, and its ban on 18-wheelers, which it says makes its locations safer for passenger cars and pedestrians. Many of its locations also offer ethanol-free gasoline, which is ideal for small engines.

The company's Sevierville location won't be its largest for long. A 75,000-square-foot Buc-ee's is currently under construction along Interstate 10 in Luling, Texas, about an hour south of Austin.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15394 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
A 75,000-square-foot Buc-ee's is currently under construction along Interstate 10 in Luling, Texas

There is one in Luling and it's horribly small for a Buc-ee's.

There's going to be an even bigger one built in Ocala, FL off I-75.

It'll be interesting as I-95 in Florida has 2 of them. That one off I-75 is sure to do great business.

Posts: 13148 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
There are several in TX at least that big. Went to three of them when we were on vacation a few weeks back. Their smaller ones, only dozens of pumps had people backup for a few hundred yards waiting for fuel.

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3635 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
"BRISKET ON THE BOARD...!!!"

Stopped there with the wife and kid up north of us up I-75. Guys seemed awful tired of screaming this out ever 10 minutes.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8858 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Never seen one.

The Wall-mart of gas and go convince stores... Yea! And only 220 miles away. I'll put it on my bucket list Big Grin

Actually they have secured property and planning one about 12-14 miles away from me over on the super slab, opening in 2024/5 I think.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4131 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
They even have the logo on the roof so Aliens can stop in…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6335 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Not sure about that, but they seem to be marketing to another segment of the population.

Posts: 17282 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I don’t remember which one I stopped at on I-75, but it had pumps on three side. The pump I was at said Rec Gas was available at pumps 208-230 and pumps 270-290.

Posts: 11027 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Sure wish they could build them up 59 through east Texas. Frown

There ain’t SH*T on my drive to Shreveport through every damn two-bit town on that friggin’ road. No offense intended personally to anyone who may live in any of those two-bit towns…I just LOATHE that drive.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcsabolt2:
There are several in TX at least that big.

Or not... They credit them for size by sq footage, not number of pumps.

Quote:
Buc-ee's Sevierville is actually the largest travel center globally

Quote:
Specifically, the Sevierville location is about 74,000 square feet, nearly 8,000 square feet larger than the location to previously hold the distinction in New Braunfels, Texas. Note that this means it's the largest convenience store in the world.

Read More: https://www.mashed.com/1320159...lds-largest-buccees/

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4131 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Love me some Buc-ee's. A bunch here in Texas and always on the route plan if we're driving.

I hope they don't get so big there product declines.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
They even have the logo on the roof so Aliens can stop in…

Pretty smart marketing considering the number of map apps that offer a satellite view, "oh look there it is!".

Posts: 3507 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
We will surely check it out on our next trip to the Smokies either this fall or next summer!! We LOVE that part of the country especially considering we live in the crotch of the midwest - Northeast illinois.

Posts: 9752 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ten miles west of me on I80 is the world's largest truck stop:

https://iowa80truckstop.com/

Posts: 15912 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
What is this Buc-ee's you speak of?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38008 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are scheduled to get one here in Virginia about an hour away from me. I can't wait to try them out. God Bless !!! Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3072 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I experienced my first Buc-ee's in 2018 or 19 somewhere in TX while driving home from Arizona. I was impressed

Posts: 1631 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Buc-red are great! They do not tolerate any type of semi in the parking lot at all. I was dead-heading back one time after dropping an excavator and lowboy off and made the mistake of pulling into one when I was Bob tailing back. I know more than parked out back out of the way and was walking across the lot when the manager approached me and said they do not allow ANY semis in the lot, very pleasant experience non the less and I moved on without going in. I appreciate rules and they didn’t back down at all… kudos to them , no fault of theirs, it was all on me, I respect them sticking to their guns.

Posts: 461 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Drove past it yesterday on our way into the mountains. Didn’t stop there though. Even to our local Buc-Cee’s, it is Uuuuge.

We did stop, however, at SMKW, Buds Guns Shop and Black Rifle Coffee Outpost five minutes up the road.

0:01

Posts: 4215 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some tv station from the upper mid west sent three people down there to mini documentary it.

They did 45 minutes in the place.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54714 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post