SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I got a job!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got a job! Login/Join 
Leatherneck
posted
The last couple of months have been tough. I haven’t been unemployed since I started working over 27 years ago at age 14, but I was furloughed from my job on March 16th due to covid. I’ve got some savings, and just started getting unemployment, so I could last a few months but I hate not working and being that I’m in live events my industry might not return for a year or more. I can’t last that long.

So I took a job with a manufacturer. I worked for a different manufacturer before my last job so it’s familiar territory. It’s a pretty significant pay cut but there’s room to grow and the job should be fun. I can always reevaluate in a year or so after the industry rebounds.

More than anything it’s security. I get a paycheck and keep my kids and myself covered with insurance. Security is more than most people in my line of work have right now so I feel pretty blessed.

And I bought myself a new P365XL to celebrate so that’s nice.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15256 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

It sounds like you did exactly the right thing.

Best of luck.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6322 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Hope all goes well.
I applaud you for your willingness to work and care for the family.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Please don't take this the wrong way, but I like how you evaluated things realistically and swallowed your pride.

My own experience has shown me that sometimes events like this have more of a silver lining than first appears. Good luck, and good for you!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yes, congratulations, and best for the future.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Q

Posts: 26411 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and this little pig said:
posted Hide Post
My son is in the exact, same spot: stage manager for premium bands (Aerosmith, Chakira, etc). His last gig was the Super Bowl. It's tough to be in that business with the coronavirus!

Posts: 3399 | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
thats great news

Posts: 53191 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Great news!!

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good for you Pale Horse. Way to hang in there, that couldn't have been easy. Congrats!

Posts: 7560 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Awesome bud! Glad to hear it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20827 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Nice to hear, good job Pale Horse!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7099 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having a dad like you, the kids will do you proud with the examples & tenacity you’ve shown, excellent Pale Horse!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! You got this!

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I hope I don't get one. Gawd that'd be awful, having to go to work and actually do something. But I guess you're young and should be working. So I'm glad for you, if that's what you want. Not me, man.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Congrats.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16403 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you. I hope you enjoy the work.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Great to hear good news

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16522 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That's great news Pale Horse!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news, sir.

Good for you.

Excellent that you treated yourself to a new pistol, as well Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post