SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Not to Hijack the Map, but Anyone in Spain
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not to Hijack the Map, but Anyone in Spain Login/Join 
Picture of dlc444
posted
Heading to Barcelona on Friday and Madrid the following Thursday.

Slim chance, but heck, I will get tired of the family at some point

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I lived / worked in Barcelona from beginning of May 1977 through end of October 1978.

Enjoy your trip. Wife and I loved it!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to being there. The travel is what kills me. I cannot sleep on a plane. I have three Reacher novels to pass the time.

Really, no folks on the SF map in Spain
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=999016

I guess I have to go clubbing with my 19 year old exchange student

It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
They did just open the world's first sex doll brothel in Barcelona.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dlc444
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Im sure my wife will enjoy that attraction

The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dlc444:
Looking forward to being there. The travel is what kills me. I cannot sleep on a plane. I have three Reacher novels to pass the time.

Just put the new Ghostbusters movie on, it put me right to sleep on my 15 hour flight home.

Oh I hope you have Global Entry those customs lines are really long when you come back.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
The easy way to do it may just be to head down to the oldest part of town and walk around until you find something interesting.

Posts: 27302 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
The easy way to do it may just be to head down to the oldest part of town and walk around until you find something interesting.

Lonely Planet guides are pretty good.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Don't they eat dinner there like 11 pm-midnight??

Posts: 34541 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I will be in Spain in June.
Barcelona, Pyrenees (near Jaca), St Jean Luz... Altimira, flying out of Madrid... We will be driving mostly.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7185 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Might be helpful: We used two sets of books to help us when we lived there:
  1. There was a street map in a book. I think it was yellow cover. Probably obsolete now, with this new-fangled GPS thing (I was there 40 years ago).

2. Michelin. The red book lists and rates hotels, restaurants, etc. It is cross-referenced to the Michelin maps. The green book, which is published in various languages including English, is basically a "tour guide." Things like, "entering the Cathedral, on the left side you will see ..." The whole Michelin "system" was well worth while for us. You can probably find them in a good map or book store in any decent size city here in the U.S., so you have time to browse and familiarize yourself before you go. Of course, you can pick them up there, too. There are a lot of book stores in Barcelona, and there was a section of book kiosks on the Ramblas, where you'll probably want to stroll anyway.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Might be helpful: We used two sets of books to help us when we lived there:[list=1]
  • There was a street map in a book. I think it was yellow cover. Probably obsolete now, with this new-fangled GPS thing (I was there 40 years ago).

• Google Maps is fantastic for traveling. That is why I advocate getting a local SIM card when you travel. It is so much easier getting around when you have no only GPS and maps available to you. But the ability to search for locations like local restaurants and shops along with seeing the business hours (which are astonishingly short overseas).

-------

Mr. Doom and Gloom
    "King in the north!"

posted Hide Post
    So how was your trip to Barcelona? You survived? Smile
    I love this city, spend there every fall-winter, it’s especially charming when there are not so many tourists. I am thinking to buy an apartment in Barcelona https://tranio.com/spain/catal...arcelona/apartments/ and live there 4 months in a year and rent the rest of time during spring-summer. Think it’s a good investment plan.

Life is too short for bad days!

Posts: 4 | Location: London | Registered: April 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Not really from Vienna
    Picture of arfmel
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Somehow poking a community sex doll really doesn't appeal to me. I'm odd that way.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    אַרְיֵה
    Picture of V-Tail
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by arfmel:
    quote:
    Somehow poking a community sex doll really doesn't appeal to me. I'm odd that way.
    Huh? Confused What's not to like?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים