SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man loads AR-15 inside pawn shop, starts shooting
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man loads AR-15 inside pawn shop, starts shooting Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Start at 2:20 mark. I was not impressed with how the employees handled the situation from looking at the video by itself.

Really? How so? They are both alive and the one unarmed lady got to cover.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes people get lucky. This was covered earlier in the thread by others. Please see below:

quote:
Agreed that the pawn shop employee certainly had plenty of opportunity to draw.

30 seconds in between the time:
he pulls something out of the chamber and makes first reach for his mag
he inserts the mag

He should've been receiving instructions looking down the barrel of a gun w/ a chambered round during the above 30 seconds not getting finger waiving. The clerk was not outgunned at this point.

Another 1 min 10 seconds between:
he inserts the mag
he chambers the round

He should've been ventilated during this 1 min 10 seconds.

To me this was a failure to have a plan on how to deal with this situation. I agree with all of the above. The old guy opening up the front door after the gunman ran out was a poor choice. AR 15 vs handgun. I am sure there were better choices. I saw no one taking advantage of cover or concealment either. This could have turned out very badly.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Must be nice to be a Monday morning QB. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Certainly premeditated.

And a boatload of crazy.

https://www.facebook.com/searc...yword/stories-public
Linky no worky.

https://www.facebook.com/SubPrimal?fref=search

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Must be nice to be a Monday morning QB.

Thanks for the intelligent retort.LOL

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post