SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jim Beam Hot Toddy Mix
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jim Beam Hot Toddy Mix Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted
Mrs Cliff picked this up at Wallyworld about a month ago. Just now getting around to it. Immediately mad a run for TP, paper towels, ammo and 6 more bottles of this. Damn good. Seasonal so it will not last long. When you want a hot toddy without concerning yourself with water,honey, lemon. Heat it up, throw in a cinnamon stick & there you go. It does evaporate a bit. Very nice before bedtime.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7659 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I usually only have a Hot Toddy when I am sick. I will have to check it out.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8669 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite Hot Toddy when I'm down with a cold is 3-4 shots of Irish Whiskey in a large mug of decaf tea.

Won't cure the cold but you won't care.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
Off topic, but I love the BRC mug in the background.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
A few years back, JB offered an eggnog in the PA state stores. It was quite tasty.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Here's my hot buttered rum:

1 tbsp slice butter (soft)
1 tbsp ​brown sugar
1 dash ​​ground cinnamon
1 dash ​ground nutmeg
1 dash ​ground allspice
1 tiny pinch of salt (can be omitted)
1 small splash vanilla extract
2 ounces ​​rum (dark)
5 ounces water (boiling)

Mix the sugar and butter and spices in a medium mug. Stir in boiling water until dissolved. Add the rum, garnish with a cinnamon stick. Great on a cold day.

You can scale up the ingredients and make the butter/sugar mixture in advance. Then, just scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mix to make a cocktail.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
Nom. Good to know.

I just did a “Bib and Tucker” with a teaspoon of raw honey and sleepy time celestial seasonings set of toddies.

Best damn toddies we have had in a while.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post